Hey now!

Phreaker47

Reaction score
What's up everyone... happy Droid owner as of this last Friday.

I have a lot of things running already, and although I am aware of rooting I am hoping for a new stable 2.1 root ROM that doesn't have any bugs or features lost like the backlight.

Other than that, I can't wait for someone to finally put out a Sirius Satellite streamer for this thing... kind of a glaring omission if you ask me!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What's up everyone... happy Droid owner as of this last Friday.

I have a lot of things running already, and although I am aware of rooting I am hoping for a new stable 2.1 root ROM that doesn't have any bugs or features lost like the backlight.

Other than that, I can't wait for someone to finally put out a Sirius Satellite streamer for this thing... kind of a glaring omission if you ask me!

Welcome to your newest obsession, Phreaker47! Glad you've decided to join us here on the forum! Enjoy!

:welcome:

OP
P

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Hi. Check out the free Cherry Rplayer from the market. Do a search for Howard in that app.

Is that kind of like a Shoutcast thing? That's all good, but since I have a SIR subscription, I'd much rather have an app to take advantage of it... somebody must be doing it... it's been around on Winblows Mobile forever, and iDrone...

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is that kind of like a Shoutcast thing? That's all good, but since I have a SIR subscription, I'd much rather have an app to take advantage of it... somebody must be doing it... it's been around on Winblows Mobile forever, and iDrone...

Yes, I've never used shoutcast but I think so. I have a sirius subscription too. I've actually set up my home computer to record howard stern every day and upload it to a web server so I can listen to it when I want.

I was surprised to see that cherry rplayer has howard stern. I don't use it for that, but kinda neat. The sirius app on the iphone only has a selection of stations and definitely no howard stern. cherry rplayer and droidlive are kinda better...and free.

OP
P

Phreaker47

Reaction score

Yes, I've never used shoutcast but I think so. I have a sirius subscription too. I've actually set up my home computer to record howard stern every day and upload it to a web server so I can listen to it when I want.

I was surprised to see that cherry rplayer has howard stern. I don't use it for that, but kinda neat. The sirius app on the iphone only has a selection of stations and definitely no howard stern. cherry rplayer and droidlive are kinda better...and free.

I do the same as well.... Stern records every morning and then it's available on my tversity server. Still, I'd love a sirius app...