1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Hey, Is this thing better than the Thunderbolt?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by coastiefish, Jul 6, 2011.

1. coastiefish

coastiefish New Member

Hey, Is this thing better than the Thunderbolt? Do any of you regret your decision? Im upgrading (probably to one of these) tomorrow.

That plastic housing and lack of gorilla glass worries me.

Anyway, Is it better than the Thunderbolt, or would you get the Thunderbolt if you could do it over again?
  2. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Well-Known Member

i thought it was confirmed as gg, i could be wrong.
    i usually take the official reviews with a grain of salt. although, i havent seen anyone say they regretted the change from tb, just the opposite actually.

i havent had a tb but i wouldnt trade it, i like it. i havent heard anyone say, this thing sux, im going back to my tb....
  3. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

I just got my Charge yesterday, and my only complaint so far is the lack of LED notifications which I was used to from my Motorola Droid. The battery life is incredible. I went to town today on it and the battery is still at 30% 12 hours later. Games, web browsing while listening to music too. I was looking at the Thunderbolt as well when deciding what phone to get and the reviews on the battery scared me away.

Samsung put in some bloatware that doesn't really do anything to adversely affect the phone but it's mere presence kind of irks me. Aside from those minor things, the phone has been really great. It has a nice feel, amazing screen, great call quality, 4G is mind blowing, both cameras on it take very very nice pictures.

I also was afraid some apps or games might lag since they didn't use a dual core processor, but absolutely nothing lags. I was even playing Plants vs Zombies (A great game) and was really blown away by how great it looked, how well it ran and how it hardly drained much battery life.

Long story short, I don't think the Thunderbolt can do anything the Charge can't. And with the TB's battery life issues I don't see how it can even be considered.
  4. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

plastic housing is easily scratched (if left naked) but not as 'cheap' as people claim. I have a case anyway so it's a moot point for me.

I don't regret getting the Charge at all... in fact I'm very pleased with it.

I picked it up fully intending on returning it before my 14 days... however after a few days it became clear to me I wasn't giving it up!
  5. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

I've never really bothered with a case for my phones in the past but I think I'd be interested in one for the Charge...both for protection and to bulk the phone up a bit (I dislike thin phones). What case did you get Martin and from where? Do you have any websites you recommend for accessories?
  6. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

for now I have the Incipido case from VZW(two parts, 1. a rubber shell and 2. a hard case over the shell - kinda like the Otterbox design) and it works great. I plan on picking up an Otterbox Defender series case, but they have not been released... only the Commuter series.

The added bulk from a case isn't bad because the Charge is thin to begin with.

As far as accessories the only thing I have is an aux cable for Wal-mart. My car holder is the same universal one I had with my D1.
  7. cdguylhs

cdguylhs New Member

I got this case at first too but then I realized that it covered up the HDMI port and took the case back and got a silicon case.
  8. BeefJerky

BeefJerky New Member

I have the same VZW case as Martin030908, and it does *not* cover up the HDMI port. Are you sure you had the same case?

EDIT: I was mistaken. When he mentioned the two-part case I thought he was talking about the shell/holster combo that I have (which doesn't block the HDMI port). I didn't realize he was talking about something completely different; I have no experience with the Insipido case.
  9. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Well-Known Member

i have the ob case, and i like it alot, in the stock slider.
    you do have to modify it slightly, i wedged the stock battery sideways in the stock slider, then, heated the edges SLIGHTLY with a lighter. dont over heat it or it will crack. it fits in the stock slider far better than i hoped (with a little help lol).

btw, the hdmi port has a opening on the ob case