Hey, Is this thing better than the Charge?

kparks

Reaction score
my phone doesnt reboot.. i dont think the reboot issue is widespread.. im in a 4g city as well.. my battery lasts all day at work, no problems (non rooted)..

you will see issues if your 4g signal is weak and the phone tries to use 3g and then switches back to 4g .. the charge does look nice tho.. i did however go to a VZW store and played with the charge.. and the 4g was cycling..

4g early adopter status = deal with whatever issues it has til its ironed out.

The reboot issue was on 10k phones of 250k sold in the first week. This was stated by HTC when the problem became public. That is less the 5% of Tbolts sold in the first week.
So to the people who are stating in general that the TBOLT is trash.
YOU dont know what your talking about. And this forum is not in the least the place to get the info on all the TBOLT owners issues.
On the other note,
I personally dont like the way the Charge feels. To me it looks like a BB knockoff. Feels real cheap. I dont care for the updates from Samsung but they are still great phones. The only Samsung i think which has my eye is the SGS2. Nuff said.
To add, My bro has the Evo 3D. And all i can say is....damn. It is nice.
Sense 3.0 is sweet and its straight up eye candy.

Nice post cuz ur right... When sum1 has a problem they look for a place to complain like Droid forums imagine how many ppl put there are not having any problems.. almost every phone will have its problems especially at launch and with how much hype was around this phone u gonna have u ppl with problems ur gonna have ur haters and also the tons of ppl not having any problems at all...
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

wardo

Reaction score
no issues with my tb. htc's are great phones, i like their set up much better than others.

rbw62

Reaction score
Love my TB! No issues, has the update, no reboot or shutdowns. Yes I have the 2740 or whatever it is, and it lasts all day. Streaming movies, music and reading these posts. Do not think all or even most TB are flawed. It is fast, responsive and does everything I require of it.

Richard Baker

Reaction score
Wife has the charge one week,doesn't like the feel of it,keeps dropping Bluetooth, not as fast as my TB....starting to look like a trade in.

Ricks Thunder

Thomaslord84

Reaction score
I have had a TB for about a month now. I have of course rooted it (7th day). I have not had any issue with it at all even before I rooted it. I am running Gingeritis 1.0 GB @ 1.4 GHZ . I get about 14 hrs on a charge. I have never gave the Charge a real world test. I played with it at the store and I just didnt really like it. Im not bit on samsung since hoe they are going broke, lol. Bottom-line I would not give up my TB for anything. With some very talented devs in the community anything can be fixed on an android device.

turdbogls

Reaction score
OK, so i have had my TB for about a month now, with maybe a week of 100% functional use. those 7 days were AMAZING. battery life sucked, but just charge it whenever possible and i haven't run into any problems.
hardware wise, the TB is leaps and bounds above the charge. the charge has the SAMOLED + screen, which is super nice, but the super LCD of the TB is actually VERY nice. the phone itself feels much better to me than the Charge. the charge is too light for me and really plasticy feeling. my buddy has had the charge for a couple months now, and it is already scratched to hell. my TB looks brand new.

Sense > touch wiz....plain and simple. the phone doesn't lag even with live wallpapers and whatnot. its fantastic.

speed...again TB>charge in both processor speed and LTE down/up load speeds. when i actually get 4G, i am getting about 2X faster DL speeds than my buddys charge in the same room.

like i said, i have had issues with this phone pretty much from day 1. verizon offered me a charge to replace my "3g only" thunderbolt (cannot get 4G for more than a couple minutes without 4G crapping out and getting no download/calls ect.) and i refused to get it. the charge is a fine phone that just seems to work, but it still isn't anywhere near the phone the TB is IMO.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I tried both at Costco and the biggest difference I saw was the screen.
The TB screen is nowhere near the Charges.
If I didn't have them side by side, I wouldn't have noticed anything, but when looking at both, the Charge blows it away.

For that reason I would get the Charge. And for the better battery life...

MrKleen

Reaction score
If I didn't have them side by side, I wouldn't have noticed anything, but when looking at both, the Charge blows it away.

Do you own either of the phones? Did you operate each of the phones for more than a few minutes?

(I glanced at this phone for a second and I glanced at that phone for a second. And I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that that phone blows it away....lololololo)

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Do you own either of the phones? Did you operate each of the phones for more than a few minutes?

(I glanced at this phone for a second and I glanced at that phone for a second. And I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that that phone blows it away....lololololo)

Um I used it for a good 5 minutes thanks for wondering.
You don't have to own the phones to see the difference in the screens. The Charges is just amazing. And the TB is something we have been seeing for a while. Its basically just average.

And I never said one phones was better. Just the screen.

Also based on every review I have seen, the issues the TB has with rebooting and the remarkably short battery life would lean me towards the Charge (if I had to pick one now)

And the fact that HTC has basically forgotten about the TB in terms of updates, as it still hasn't seen a GB OTA.

MrKleen

Reaction score

You don't have to own the phones to see the difference in the screens. The Charges is just amazing. And the TB is something we have been seeing for a while. Its basically just average.

Also based on every review I have seen, the issues the TB has with rebooting and the remarkably short battery life would lean me towards the Charge (if I had to pick one now)

And the fact that HTC has basically forgotten about the TB in terms of updates, as it still hasn't seen a GB OTA.

You can't believe everything you read. I've had the Bolt almost since launch and never had the reboot issues. I'm sure the charge is nice also.

B.T.W. I am running Gingerbread.

kparks

Reaction score

We just got a update last week lol and u said yourself that u can't even tell the difference only if u hold them side by side lol.. I have not had any rebooting problems with mine don't believe everything u read

SquintyOS

Reaction score
I had mine since the Thursday it was released and only had reboot every so often and when they did happen, it was only once or twice. I'm a college student and most of those were during lectures when I didn't have time (or right) to look at ny phone. I had upgraded to the first released update and skipped Mr1 all together. I jumped on both the Mr2 leak and the official Mr2 from last week.

Point being: I love this phone. Only real problem I have at the moment is the release of Gingerbread. Other than that, no reboots and battery life is good. I have multiple chargers and an extra battery just in case. Froyo is still good for me.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Why are people so obsessed with the screen of the charge? Everything is so clustered on the main screen, on the browser, not to mention over saturated...that phone is the definition of ugly, cheap. Pay 300 for that phone? Ha! It felt like it cost 20.
The main screen was laggier than my tb no doubt. My tb feels great, rich...it's like getting out of a mercedes and hopping into a kia for a drive. There's no comparison between these two phones. None at all. Tb wins.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Why are people so obsessed with the screen of the charge? Everything is so clustered on the main screen, on the browser, not to mention over saturated...that phone is the definition of ugly, cheap. Pay 300 for that phone? Ha! It felt like it cost 20.
The main screen was laggier than my tb no doubt. My tb feels great, rich...it's like getting out of a mercedes and hopping into a kia for a drive. There's no comparison between these two phones. None at all. Tb wins.

Who cares if its over saturated. It looks better. What do you mean everything is clustered? You can delete things. Everything is clustered on the browser?
There is no difference!

They are basically the same phone.

Except the Charge has a better screen.
And the Charge destroys it in battery life.

And sorry you can't call the TB a mercedes. Maybe a Toyota Siena...lol
And a Toyota Sienna with an empty tank because it won't be running long...

alboboy10

Reaction score

Who cares if its over saturated. It looks better. What do you mean everything is clustered? You can delete things. Everything is clustered on the browser?
There is no difference!

They are basically the same phone.

Except the Charge has a better screen.
And the Charge destroys it in battery life.

And sorry you can't call the TB a mercedes. Maybe a Toyota Siena...lol
And a Toyota Sienna with an empty tank because it won't be running long...

Over saturated = fake. To me, that doesn't mean it looks better.

No not the same phone at all. Nothing about what's inside the phone is the same. From what I've seen people complain about charge battery life also. The thunderbolt standby time is actually supposed to be longer according to different websites I've seen comparing the two phones.

my phone has been off the charger for 19 hours and it's at 51%...1700 battery.

Like I said, for this phone you can hack it, get a bigger battery, do whatever it takes to make the battery longer. What are you gonna do for the charge to make it feel like you didn't but it at the 99 cent store? What are you gonna do about the fact that it can't perform nearly as well as the tb?