hey im new to this droid thing

nikki1023

Reaction score
Hello eveyrone and anyone im new to this website and to the droid fam. So i just recently bought a droid and have a few questions. i had a blackberry and am so happy i switched to the droid but i was so used to downloading ringtones from myxer so i downloaded some ringtones fromthere and i found them in my ringtones but i cant manage them. i wanted to delete some but how can i get to them? if n e one can help me id appreciate it. also is there and what is the best app to download free ringtones?

joeymoose

Reaction score
There is an app called ASTRO, find it in the market. It allows you to view/edit/delete content from your SD card. I use Zedge for ringtones, message tones, etc... RingDroid is also good.

All of the above mentioned is available in the Market.

Welcome!!

OP
N

nikki1023

Reaction score
Thanks so much that was quick also i have downloaded ring droid but wasnt sure how to work it. Another question is my battery dies quick and a friend recommended me to advanced task killer and i downloaded it but how does it work cuz my battery isnt dieing as fast but is still deing rather quick none the less. if u can answer that one for me id be super grateful:heart:

joeymoose

Reaction score
In my opinion and most other Droid owner's "You do not need a task manager" Uninstall it. It will get in the way of what the droid wants to do. The droid all ready does this.

The battery is not the greatest. When you come from a BB like me you think it is dying quickly when it's not, you will get used to it and get a full day out of it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...unning-background.html?highlight=task+manager

OP
N

nikki1023

Reaction score
thank you and i downloaded the astro file manager and i found the ringtons that were on my old blackberry but not the new ones i downloaded so do u have n e idea where they might be? cuz they arent under media either..this is really getting me irritated. im starting to get the hint that i shouldnt have downloaded them from myxer but they are in my ringtones to set them just not to delete them:mad:

loop4zil

Reaction score
In my opinion and most other Droid owner's "You do not need a task manager" Uninstall it. It will get in the way of what the droid wants to do. The droid all ready does this.

The battery is not the greatest. When you come from a BB like me you think it is dying quickly when it's not, you will get used to it and get a full day out of it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...unning-background.html?highlight=task+manager

I second Joey's notion that Task Killers are a waste of time. They also make you OCD...you constantly are trying to close out tasks. Android closes what it needs to close.

As far as batterlife goes...I USE the heck out of my droid...and I get about 2/3rds a day woithout a charge in between....so I charge whenever it is convienient.

joeymoose

Reaction score
How To Get Ringtones On Your Motorola Droid

ShareThis
Instructions Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Things You'll Need:

Motorola DROID
MP3 software
MP3 ringtone

1Begin by obtaining the clip of your selected MP3 for your Motorola DROID ring tone. This can be done by using various software.

2Connect the Motorola ANDROID into your computer via the USB cable that came in the handset's box

3A notification will pop up informing that you have connected the phone with a computer. Choose Mount

4Open the drive on you handset and create a new folder and name it as “ringtones” (all lower case).

5Copy the ringtone you've obtained from your PC and paste it in the newly created “ringtones” folder on the drive of your handset

6Eject the drive and unplug the DROID from your PC

7Set new new ring tone by going to Home -> Settings-> Sound & Display -> Phone Ringtone. Select the newly uploaded ringtone and... you are done!

Let me know if this helps!