Hey, help a noon- moved to bugless section

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by TaliWacker, Aug 5, 2010.

1. myDownfall

myDownfall Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'lll just tell myself that this was a joke. The Huskers don't have anything on us. :biggrin:

Can you imagine what the forums would look like if they did take the time to educate themselves, even if it were for a few minutes? It's got to be difficult having to answer the same questions over and over again. Oh well, I did Matth3w's guide as well back in January and can recall how many times I read over EVERY step just to confirm I was doing it right. lol

2. TaliWacker

TaliWacker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dl rsd did the driver thing, then attached phone to comp, held up button, loaded spr onto it. the phone said rebooting. It never acually booted. now its just stuck at the motorola symbol :( . I loaded on a backup from this site and tried again twice with the same results. help?

3. Apollo

Apollo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Never fear, there is always a solution. Need a little more info. Explain in detail the steps you have taken up until this point. Which guide did you follow? Have you tried holding x and the power button to boot into recovery?

4. TaliWacker

TaliWacker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i figured it out. I was tryn to install it over firmware 2.0.1 ;)

5. NewDroidOrder

NewDroidOrder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there TaliWacker I'm glad to see that you are going to get into this custom ROM scene. One word of advice I have for you is that you should head over to Droid Life, there you will find a lot of videos (which for me really REALLY helped when getting into this in the very beginning which was a very long time ago now) showing you how to do all these things, what to look for, and all that. Also because this has been going on for a long time there is already a ton of help out there. On Droid Life its really simple so that any newcomer like yourself can just jump right in and do it because there are step by step instructions on how to do anything, there wont be a time where it will just say to do something without you knowing what that thing is. And when you have any problems or questions, this is definitely the place to come for help. These forums here are pretty much the most active and helpful that I have seen yet, really great stuff here.

Welcome to the "Rooted Community"! dancedroid

6. BuglessFan

BuglessFan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, I'm an optimist and would bet that for ever new thread and post of a question a dozen or more are using the same thread for help without even registering or posing a question. So, it may make clutter here or in Google, but eventually drives up the variations for people to search and educate themselves ;)

7. myDownfall

myDownfall Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No doubt, the glass is always half full. :)