Hey Guys

brandct

Reaction score
Coming over from a Blackberry Storm. I decided to go out and buy a Motorola Droid today to give the Android OS a try. So far I really seem to like it but it has only been about 4 hours. Figured I would go ahead and sign up here to find out some more information on the phone and what are some good apps. So let me know of anything that is a must download and I will be browsing around to look at things for myself.

Later
Brandon

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Coming over from a Blackberry Storm. I decided to go out and buy a Motorola Droid today to give the Android OS a try. So far I really seem to like it but it has only been about 4 hours. Figured I would go ahead and sign up here to find out some more information on the phone and what are some good apps. So let me know of anything that is a must download and I will be browsing around to look at things for myself.

Later
Brandon

Welcome to your newest addiction, Brandon! And by that I mean both the Droid AND this forum! Here's a good thread for you to start on... enjoy!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/19208-forget-top-5-list-all-your-apps.html

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to DF and congratulations on the good choice to dump the Storm for the Droid. You won't regret the decision. I was one of those who did the same thing back in November.

shmoo

Reaction score
If you haven't seen the many threads addressing it you should certainly look into rooting your new toy! Welcome to DF and welcome to the wonderful world of DROID!!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum. Lets not worry about rooting, lets just get the basics for now. There is a huge learning curve from the blackberry storm. We will help you, that's what we are here for.:)

OP
B

brandct

Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes and especially the link to the favorite apps page. Yeah I say we stick with the basics for now but rooting might be in the future when I get more comfortable.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes and especially the link to the favorite apps page. Yeah I say we stick with the basics for now but rooting might be in the future when I get more comfortable.

That shouldn't take you long.... you're going to be JUST fine!

irishdroid

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Here you will find all the info you need and a ton of nice people who are here to help. Take your time and have fun.