hey guys looking for some help

slipknut55

Reaction score
hey guys newbie to the site and forums so sorry if what i need sounds dumb. anyways ive had my eris for about 6 months now and to be honest i have had nothing but problems with it. it runs slow and its very laggy when im trying to type and open programs. i installed a task killer to try and help with the problem but it hasnt really helped. it seems ever since verizon put out the 2.1 update my phone has been pretty much a paper weight...now ive looked through a few threads on here and to be honest im a bit technologicly slow so any help you guys could throw my way to help me maximize my eris' performance would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

ROMBOMTHEMAGIC

Reaction score
clearing the cache on some of the apps you download can speed up your phone, along with deleting some txt msgs if you save up too many of them. my phone does lag a little at times even after doing both of these but its definitely an improvement on how it used to run. hope this helps

Edit: there are some cache cleaners on the market that I've heard good things about but require your phone to be rooted. I'm a bit to scared to root on the chance my phone bricks but if your phone is rooted you could give those a try

Last edited:

ROMBOMTHEMAGIC

Reaction score
rooting basically means you hack your phone, theres a guide on how to do it either here or in the hacks section of the forum. However there is a chance that rooting can mess up your phone which is why i haven't done it. You can still clear the cache on your phone manually by pressing menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > than wait for the loading symbol at the top to finish. once its done press menu > sort by size. click each app that you DOWNLOADED off the store which should all be at the top of the list.

dont clear anything that came pre installed on the phone. click on the apps like movies or any of the games you could have downloaded, the internet browser or the market app. Once you select it press "Clear cache" for each one. doing so for each dowloaded app, market, internet browser, and/or google maps should speed up your phone if to much data got stored in cache.

I didnt clear mine until i had the phone for 3-4 months and doing so made it run like the day i got it. hope this solves your problem