hey guys! I actually have a Verizon question(:

joshwithachance

Reaction score
well I currently have an iPhone 3GS on AT&T and because my grandma used to work for the state and has the paperwork we get a 15% discount on our bill, does Verizon also offer a similar discount? (I'm 17 so I can't legally buy my own Droid lol).

and hi everyone:)

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe so man...my father receives 15% discount on everything. He doesn't work for the state, but it was specifically because his job...

Reaction score
Yes,

Working for state or federal government, you do get a discount. I get 15% for service, 25% accessories.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hello Josh......

If you don't get an answer to your question I'd recommend calling Verizon directly to find out. Unfortunately I do not know the answer to your question but wanted to welcome you.

Enjoy the forums.

jpw173

Reaction score
Why can't you buy a Droid if you are under a certain age?

Mr. Premium

Reaction score
just get a job at best buy. no matter what department you work on you get 15% and 25% off service and accessories respectively.

pigpen

Reaction score
I work for the city ... i get 19% on my line only ... the main line ... secondary line is $20 bucks/ no discount , and every line after that is an additional $10 bucks/ no discount.

ldimick

Reaction score
just get a job at best buy. no matter what department you work on you get 15% and 25% off service and accessories respectively.

I would guess that you don't work for BB. My daughter does and I can tell you that the discounts are MUCH better than that. If you get put on the employee Verizon plan you pay about $20 for everything. Not sure about data but that includes unlimited voice and SMS.

Unfortunately you cannot add family members to that plan. I use my son-in-laws plan which he got through a major utility and we get 21% off every month.

The discounts vary by the size of the company/customer. I know Home Depot get a HUGE discount with AT&T. I believe it is 27%.

I also know of a contractor that was working on a short term project with Dell. He walked into Verizon with my contractor badge on his shirt. They automatically gave him the Dell discount which is more than 20%.

While I would never suggest that anyone do anything dishonest I seriously doubt that a cellular sales employee could tell a real employee badge from one that was cobbled together with a downloaded Dell logo and laminated with a picture printed on it.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Discounts vary. If you want to impress the VZW CS Rep, call in and identify yourself as an AT&T customer, and are thinking of switching - and that you need them to look into their "EWI Profile" for specifically what the discount is for (the state).