hey guys/girls can anyone help me out with how to install 607.

bfresh

Reaction score
i just sbf.ed my d2g yesterday and i did some studying about 607..... do i have to flash it with like bootstrap or on my computer on rsdlite? someone please help me. im so confused

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
i just sbf.ed my d2g yesterday and i did some studying about 607..... do i have to flash it with like bootstrap or on my computer on rsdlite? someone please help me. im so confused

Bootstap recovery...wipe data and cache and install the latest cm7 gb from revnumers unofficial nightlies..his are the only ones that will work on the update...or gb...I believe its the 9/3...your going to fall in love:) the battery life is much better now...

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oops that's RevNumbers...sorry bout dat?

OP
B

bfresh

Reaction score
i had cm7 and loved it but than i heard that the actual ota gingerbread update came out so i sbfed my phone so i could update to gingerbread.. i mean i really like cm7 but i wanted to run on legit gb. my phones still running on froyo and i want to update it to gingerbread without having to use a custom rom... you know what im saying?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
i had cm7 and loved it but than i heard that the actual ota gingerbread update came out so i sbfed my phone so i could update to gingerbread.. i mean i really like cm7 but i wanted to run on legit gb. my phones still running on froyo and i want to update it to gingerbread without having to use a custom rom... you know what im saying?

Yes indeed I do! I did the same..sbf'd and then took update and then reflashed cm7 right over it! Lol but you may like the update enough to stay with it a while..I had already been on the leak so I didn't really get all too excited other than the awesome kernel...lol so you gonna flash cm7? Or stay on update?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

Ooooh I gotcha! You want to intall the update!? Lol sorry...No, just go to about phone in settings, then click on check for update...it will prompt you what to do if its available....sorry for the confusion....

OP
B

bfresh

Reaction score
ahh... its ok. and i did that and there was an update and i clicked it and updated but nothing changed.. im stilll on .330 and froyo.. i dont quite know why im not on gingerbread and im wanting to upgrade to it. but for some reason i cant.. thats why im trying to install the leak.. its kinda frustrating having everyone i know tell me how awesome the new upgrade is. haha i just want to be on gb.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
You can find the leak here.
Download, rename to update.zip.
Power down and then power up again while holding x.
Apply update.zip from sd card.
You're on 4.5.607. Now pay attention to that 3G icon :laugh:
See how sloppy moto was?

OP
B

bfresh

Reaction score
It keeps saying. "cannot download content is not supporeted on phone " :/

juv3

Reaction score
It keeps saying. "cannot download content is not supporeted on phone " :/
You have to SBF back to 2.3.29, activate your phone... then you skip or sign in your google account, once you are in go to system update and update to 2.3.30.... when you're updated to the latest 2.2 then go to stock flash recovery by rebooting your phone and holding power and X at the same time you're going to get the Droid icon with the ! and press volume up and the search key at the same time to get to the Stock recovery and select Wipe factory Reset.... after that reboot your phone, then Hold Power and X again and press volume up and search key to get to stock recovery and this time select the install update.zip from sd card, don't forget to put the update.zip in the sd card you download from the above link from rootzwiki ;)

Byakushiki

Reaction score
You have to SBF back to 2.3.29, activate your phone... then you skip or sign in your google account, once you are in go to system update and update to 2.3.30.... when you're updated to the latest 2.2 then go to stock flash recovery by rebooting your phone and holding power and X at the same time you're going to get the Droid icon with the ! and press volume up and the search key at the same time to get to the Stock recovery and select Wipe factory Reset.... after that reboot your phone, then Hold Power and X again and press volume up and search key to get to stock recovery and this time select the install update.zip from sd card, don't forget to put the update.zip in the sd card you download from the above link from rootzwiki ;)

Correction, 2.4.330. And no, that isn't necessary. Download it through an actual computer, not smartphone.

OP
B

bfresh

Reaction score
Im planning on going to sleep pretty shortly because its almost one where I live but I will most certainly do that in the morning when I wake up. I have a strong feeling its going to work.. and i will let you know how it turns out thank you for all the help guys :)

OP
B

bfresh

Reaction score
Ok... so would I have to use rsdlite?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
There is no SBF image for 4.5.x.
You cannot flash it via RSDLite.
You need to use the stock recovery.
You don't need to wipe data if you're on stock 2.4.330 with no bootstrap hijack installed.