hey everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by ADos, Oct 24, 2010.

1. ADos

ADos New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    new to the entire droid scene here, got plenty of questions haha :) im currently trying to root my droid with soup or root but its nearly impossible. no matter how many times i run it ive yet to get the superuser icon. i have a droid 1 with froyo. any guides and advice will be EXTREMELY appreciated. thanks everyone and cant wait to hang around the forums!

2. robinr

robinr New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the forums.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3. ADos

ADos New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone. So im at a friends and i thought i still wasnt rooted but i just looked in my apps list and theres superuser haha so apparently its working now. so from what i understand i need to back everything up (gonna use titaniumbackup unless there are any better suggestions) then look into ultimatedroid 1.0 to start out with but how exactly do i load roms? do i download it on my computer then put it into a file on my droid?

4. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a droid 2 not a droid 1 so I can't totally help you out but I will say titanium backup is a good program to use but the kind of backup you need to do before flashing roms is a nandroid backup which is a backup of the system. Titanium will backup apps and their settings/data. Welcome to the forums though, and I'm sure someone in the droid section will have an answer for you. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

5. hippocampus

hippocampus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome and have good time here