hey everyone

ADos

Reaction score
new to the entire droid scene here, got plenty of questions haha :) im currently trying to root my droid with soup or root but its nearly impossible. no matter how many times i run it ive yet to get the superuser icon. i have a droid 1 with froyo. any guides and advice will be EXTREMELY appreciated. thanks everyone and cant wait to hang around the forums!

OP
A

ADos

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. So im at a friends and i thought i still wasnt rooted but i just looked in my apps list and theres superuser haha so apparently its working now. so from what i understand i need to back everything up (gonna use titaniumbackup unless there are any better suggestions) then look into ultimatedroid 1.0 to start out with but how exactly do i load roms? do i download it on my computer then put it into a file on my droid?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a droid 2 not a droid 1 so I can't totally help you out but I will say titanium backup is a good program to use but the kind of backup you need to do before flashing roms is a nandroid backup which is a backup of the system. Titanium will backup apps and their settings/data. Welcome to the forums though, and I'm sure someone in the droid section will have an answer for you. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App