Hey everyone

tjamz

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi (and thanks in advance). I have a Motorola Droid that is not under contract with VZW and I would like to use it on the Alltel Network if at all possible....and no, not the merged VZW/Alltel network, I live in North Dakota and due to FCC regs, they weren't allowed to merge here. Is it possible to flash a new ESN to the phone to make it work on the Alltel network? If so, what limitations would I run into if I activated the phone?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have no idea about the answer to your question, but welcome to the forum!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You would have to ask someone familiar with what phones can flash on the Alltel network

Since they are both CDMA networks it might be possible to flash it.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm not certain either.. we are primarily a droid/verizon centered forum, so we have VERY few members on alltel. have you tried calling alltel to see if they will do it? you can ask the question without giving any specific info so you don't get in trouble ;)

OP
T

tjamz

Reaction score
It sounds like they can activate it, however the preferred roaming list on the phone will still be defaulted to VZW

oleole69

Reaction score
So did you get your droid to work on Alltel? I'm in ND and would like to try a different carrier with a droid. Just hoping you have some direction for me.