hey everyone

Brandon51982

Reaction score
I just got my new DROID X and was looking around and found this site and thought it would help me learn everything that I can about my new phone

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community. There is a wealth of knowledge here. Just use the google search on the search tab and feel free to ask questions. Enjoy the new droid

Sent from my D2

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to D/F - anything you need along the way, just ask :)

en28so

Reaction score
Welcome. Feel free to ask many questions.

Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery)

OP
Brandon51982

Brandon51982

Reaction score
I have been trying to figure out how to root my device and get longer battery life

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

en28so

Reaction score
I have been trying to figure out how to root my device and get longer battery life

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
You need to read up a little first, but here's is what I did: took the OTA update to 2.2.340 before rooting, after that, rooted with z4root, then installed bootstrap from the market, then installed rom manager, ran clockwork recovery on rom manager, hit bootstrap recovery, then hit reboot recovery, then did a backup of the stock rom. After that was done I Installed jrummys overclocking app to underclock and used profiles. Now my battery is lasting way more than before. I hope this helps.

Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery)