Hey, everyone i'm the new guy...

BEARSFAN2012

Reaction score
I'm here because I have a a Droid Razor XT912 and I've had it for about 3 months, I've never had problems until tonight.

I was talking on my phone and when I went to disconnect the call I noticed my screen was black, so I could not end the call myself, luckily the other person had hung up.
The screen never recovered from the "blackout" the screen did not respond to touch nor did the power button work....so I let the phone sit for about 30 mins and it suddenlyturned itelf on as if it was rebooted, so I tried to unlock the phone and the screen did not respond to touch and after about two mins it went black again for about an hour and it seemed to repeat the previous reboot process with the same results, and now has gone pitch black with no power what so ever I plugged it in to recharge and connect it to my laptop with no change........Does anyone have any idea what might have caused this or how to fix this problem???? I think I saw something about an android update being rolled out but not sure if that has anything to do with this....someone please advise.....thanks

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I would advise you to post your question in the sub forum corresponding this device. Let me know if you can't find it.

Mean while. I'll try and help you out here...
Have you recently dropped it? Or has it gotten wet in any kind of way? Also is it rooted or have you done anything to modify it?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here is the Razr sub-forum the DevilDog mentioned... Droid RAZR Forum

Do you recall what your battery was reading at prior to the black screen and have you attempted to do the hard reset which is holding the power and volume down at the same time for 10 seconds (give or take a few)...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
If you've had any recent app updates or installs have you tried to uninstall the one(s) that recently updated to see if an app isn't playing nice now?

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Lots of people already checking in to help out, so I will just say hello :)