Hey everybody!!

OP
P

pdubbs

Reaction score
Check your PM box. If you are ok with keeping your phone in airplane mode, then don't worry about it. I don't know if you are having to use your phone to download the TBH files.

That site should let you download those files right after another. Exit out of that and click the link for the other file. It should let you do it.

SSX v2.0

yea its telling me i need to wait 44 minutes. and i would like to take it out of airplanemode. and im downloading the files from a laptop.

OP
P

pdubbs

Reaction score
Ok, you are already on 2.3.340. That's the Droid X Froyo ROM. To get to Gingerbread, which is Android 2.3, or 4.5.596 ROM, you root using Z4, download the 2 part TBH files, and install Droid 2 bootstrap (hit bootstrap recovery when its installed, it will say success, then hit reboot recovery). This will boot you into Clockwork recovery. Use the volume buttons to highlight data wipe, and the camera button to select. Then go to advanced and choose wipe dalvik cache. This will give you a clean slate to install the Gingerbread ROM. Next, select install zip from SD card, then choose zip. Find the 2 part files you downloaded and install them IN ORDER! If you don't, you can brick your phone and you will have to sbf and start all over.

After you install the 2 part files, you can use the back button to get to the main screen of Clockwork Recovery, and select reboot. You are now on rooted Gingerbread. If you decide you may want to go back to the stock GB ROM from Apex, create a backup in Clockwork by selecting backup and restore, then backup.

CM74DX

ok so how can i tell which file is pt1 and which is pt2??

if i d/l pt1 first and pt second, would they be saved in that order on the list? the first one should be first no? as far as i can see on the screen they have the exact same file name :s should i re download them?

Blur_version.2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US-par ..... thats all i can see and both files are labled exactly that. so im not sure which is which. you said how important it is to install them properly so i want to be careful. lol

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go into Root Explorer or the regular file manager and find the files. The 99 MB file is part 1 and the 14 MB file is part 2. Rename those so you will be able to know which one is which.

SSX v2.0