Hey all.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. I hope the time passes quickly while waiting for your X. Get as much rest as you can now because when it arrives the addiction begins!

Mike

OP
syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix

Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. I hope the time passes quickly while waiting for your X. Get as much rest as you can now because when it arrives the addiction begins!

Mike

I've updated my Google contacts to make the BB to DX transfer smoother. I'm pretty much at a loss for any other preparation :)

OP
syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix

Reaction score
That is good. Your Gmail contacts and any email will download to your phone without issue. If you text check out Handcent or Chomp. K9 is a very good email app. All three apps are available in the market for free.

Here are a few links for apps:

AndroidZoom - Download thousands of Android applications from the Android Market

Better Android Apps

Is Handcent prefferable to the DX's standard sms protocol? I suppose I'm not use to different aps just yet.

Thanks for the links.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not know. The beauty of Android, you can have both apps installed so you can try both. The only issue you would have is that unless you disable the notifications in one you would receive duplicate notifications. Each app has settings -- tap menu, tap settings, tap notification, tap silent.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try weather channel or Accu Weather. If you would like an animated weather on your home screen check Beautiful Widgets. It is a paid app ($2.99)

Mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
My pleasure! Please let us know how you like your X. Additionally, check out the entire X section in the Forum (click the Forum tab above).

Mike