Hero-ish launcher area for moto droid

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by syst3merror, Jul 19, 2010.

1. syst3merror

syst3merror New Member

ok, currently I have a droid running froyo (ChevyNo1 4.4 to be exact) and I'm running GDE to have the hero theme.

I hate having to run a home screen replacement program JUST to have that dialer/launcher at the bottom. (plus with Apps2sd, after you reboot the phone you have to kill the launcher for your icons to show up)

So my question is: is there a launcher.apk that I could just replace the stock phones launcher with that would give me the same effect as GDE with the hero theme? Or is there a way I could make one myself? (I'm willing to learn and try doing it myself if someone can help guide me in the right direction) And NO, I don't want to use metamorph either...I'd rather replace the actual file with a new one so that it takes over as the default launcher that starts with the phone!

My hero launcher has a phone logo, then the app drawer, then a contacts logo....in case anyone needed to know.

Like this VVV
    [​IMG]
  2. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Look into LauncherPro or ADW. They both accept custom things. As far as a hero background, I haven't seen one with them, but there are many great options.
  3. syst3merror

syst3merror New Member

I don't want to use a seperate launcher tho...I want to replace the stock launcher.apk with a hero one (specifically one like what I posted a picture of with the phone and contacts buttons)
  4. Coolsaber57

Coolsaber57 New Member

I think Xeudoxus was the last to really work on having a functional Hero launcher. Maybe ask him?
  5. syst3merror

syst3merror New Member

will do Coolsaber....thanks