Here's where YOU may influence my phone

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just installed LauncherPro and I set it up with 7 screens. However I'm so set in my set up of late, I'm having trouble figuring out what to populate my screens with. So I have my last screen and don't know what I want and I thought I'd look to all of you for what's cool, what's hot, what's the have-to-have.

I'm looking for something that looks cool and goes with most of the LWPs and is also useful. You can see my sig for the stuff I already use and add picture frame to that as well. No twitter, news feeds, or market (stock market) stuff.

So show me what I haven't seen yet. You're all the source of my droid knowledge so far.... expand it.

Jim

nooter99

Reaction score
I've been using launcherpro for about a week now, previously was just using the stock launcher with 3 screens. I'm an old guy with this being my first smartphone so it's all pretty impressive to me anyway. But I digress.... my point is, I can't fill 5 screens, let alone 7!! I find myself filling one screen with nothing but bookmarks to frequently used websites. I realize this is probably of no help, but it's all I got!

zshazz

Reaction score
This certainly isn't going to help you... I'm using Smart Shortcuts for the bottom 4 links. One button is my communication apps (every single one!), one is my productivity apps, and one is my utility apps.

I have trouble finding things to fill up even 3 screens now o_O

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
This certainly isn't going to help you... I'm using Smart Shortcuts for the bottom 4 links. One button is my communication apps (every single one!), one is my productivity apps, and one is my utility apps.

I have trouble finding things to fill up even 3 screens now o_O

You're right, but a very unique idea.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
LOL..omg here I thought I was the only one with this issue. I did 7 screen then downsize to 6 but I have 3 blank screens. =/ fill it up with big 4x4 widget on each screen? Or you use the picture widget and add some pix of love ones?

Last edited:

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I never use more than one screen... and that's with beautiful widgets smaller taking up the top row.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I find that I prioritize my icons to the most used and downward. The default screen has the most used and the screens outward have shortcuts relating to amount of usage.

Don't know if that has any relevance but...

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use 3 screens myself.

Left screen: SetCPU widget, link to TempMonitor, Beautiful Brightness widget, News widget, Touchdown calendar widget, link to Maps, link to Sky Map, link to Earth

Middle: Beautiful home, Messaging link, Touchdown link, Rhapsody Link, Remote Desktop link, Phone link, Contacts link, Browser Link, Marketplace link

Right: Beautiful Bluetooth, GPS, Wifi, Plane Mode, Vibrate, and Silent widgets; analog clock widget, youtube widget

supr2nr

Reaction score
I can't keep a single rom loaded long enough to really set up any screen. I find myself changing roms just for the heck of it every other day. I can't stop, it's like a drug. I need to go to a droid anonymous meeting.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I would second what nooter suggested about a page filled with bookmarks to websites.

BTW, how long is your battery life with that setup? I don't use more than a power strip and a 1 x 1 task killer for widgets and still struggle with juice. I can only imagine what you go through....am I right?

CYBER DROIID

Reaction score
This is funny cuz when I first got my droid I couldnt fill up 3 screens now I need more than 7. I have one screen for
1 games
2 contacts *quick dial*
3 frequently used things like direct tv, grocery list, shop shavvy etc.
4 communication screen fb, email, text
5 nav screen maps nav and news
6 music, movie and rigtone wall paper apps
7 is my political apps constitution, voting record apps along with audio books
dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Last edited:

justjosh

Reaction score
fml widget, pure music widget, last.fm widget (unlimited skips), slacker radio (way better than pandora), pure messaging widget,

brianes99

Reaction score
i can only give you a suggestion

if your mom and Phil take me to Hawaii with them.

Actually I did the 7 screens deal, than switched to pandahome and have 3 screens for widgets and calendar and 6 tabs for shortcuts. The tabs are much more organized imho.

Varking

Reaction score
Page 1: Games
Page 2: Games
Page 3: Utility apps like Droid Flashlight, Tethering, Barcode Scanner and so on
Page 4: Widgets on your home screen
Page 5: Information Apps like Weather, News, Fandango, Engadget, and so on.
Page 6: Apps by Google
Page 7: Apps by Google