Here's what we're getting in to :D

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I convinced one of my riding buddies that the droid was the bomb. So when he went shopping for a new phone, you know where he went.

So he also picked up the car mount and as I do with some of my rides, he video'd a ride but he used his phone! I'd be a little nervous about throwing my rooted $600 phone on my gas tank, but I think about it more now.

[video=youtube;ugOMaR8J1mE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugOMaR8J1mE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Jimbo getting caught in the rain[/video]

BeaverPuncher

Reaction score
as soon as I find a better mount from ram mounts I am all over this. I'll save 300 on a gopro hd and also be able to run a lap timer app at the track.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice, but those GoPro HD units take some pretty awesome vids!

R1Lover

Reaction score
I have a goprohd and yes they are amazing.... nothing comes close lol not even a 1500 HD camera lol

Dunc

Reaction score
I have a goprohd and yes they are amazing.... nothing comes close lol not even a 1500 HD camera lol
Go check out ContourHD. It's a better camera and the mounting solutions are better as well.

mcsinfl

Reaction score
the software is expensive ($250 i think), however, there's not much else out there that I can find that a newbie like me can easily figure out. I'm using for atv/mountain biking/other outdoor adventures.

I'd like the data acquisition hardware as well, but I am looking at using this for overlay data.

Sensor Insider Pro for Android - AndroidZoom.com

no data acquisition from the bike, but you can still overlay some cool info (all the droid sensor data)

Dunc

Reaction score
That's nifty. Does anyone know if the following is possible (which would make the OPs setup pretty much all inclusive).

- I bought the Trackmaster app
- It's pretty good considering it's only $4.99
- The graphs seems a bit jumpy as though it needs a much higher sample rate or something
- Is it possible to do a video screen capture so that the info. being displayed could be overlayed on the video of the ride?

r1nstang

Reaction score
you say hes using the car mount? does he just have the suction cup attached to the tank?

r1nstang

Reaction score
you say hes using the car mount? does he just have the suction cup attached to the tank?

I believe so. I think his Aprilia is pretty flat on the tank.

hmm in that case I guess I should have bought one of them when they were $20. my R1 has some nice flat spots on the tank...although the ram air cover is plastic it should still stick

JimmyD

Reaction score
Awesome road for riding a bike!!! Gotta love the twisties.