Here's the 5.5.893 update file str8 from Moto. No root necessary.

rghurtle

Reaction score
Update installed perfectly and no 3 g data loss since the install. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

amycmcc

Reaction score
My phone turned into a brick a few Weeks after installing it. Might not have been the leak, but I'm scared to try out again.

dbb

Reaction score
Mine worked amazing after this update for about a week. Then it
Went back to working worse then before!

deduct

Reaction score
Update to 5.7.893. 5.5, and 5.6 helped but 5.7 update fixed any problems i was experiencing. Updated to it 2 weeks ago. Improved battery life, fixed slow camera shutter, and i have only experienced one data drop since updating and it resolved itself. Loving my phone!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

SigSoldat

Reaction score
Installed using the second process and it went without a hitch. Camera is definitely improved as far as focus speed is concerned. Battery life seems improved but I haven't really tested it to confirm. As for general speed, tbis version seems to be slower with screen draws and certain apps, like facebook, have weird screen issues though they are minor and temporary.

I have only had it for 12 hours and can't say if it has fixed the data issue because i only drop once every couple days.

It's been two weeks and I am going to revert to stock tonight. The initial update seemed better, but it didn't last. My camera still functions better (a little) but my Bionic is now dropping data more than it ever did. I'm also draining the battery much quicker though my use has not changed at all. I used to end the day with 25-50% remaining and now I'm finding myself having to charge it by dinner time because it's below 15%. The screen draw is no faster and actually feels slower (though I can't prove this).

It is my own fault for buying a brand new product, but I waited for several months to find the right upgrade and now it's been out for three months with zero fixes so I think my frustration is somewhat justified, particularly when this phone can't even perform as well as my original Droid that is 2.5 years old.

bassman1547

Reaction score
Yeah.. things went south for me with the update... worked at first. I would like to get back to the original if possible, and wait wait wait for OTA fix. Can anyone tell me how? I had a OG and was rooted and did alot of tweaking with it, so I have a little knowledge. I'm not rooted , of course, yet.

dags5000

Reaction score
Can anyone upload the original leaked 5.5.893?

Just google search for it. It should take u 2 minutes. Search for 5.5.893 leak ota. I did it yesterday and found it in 2 seconds. That's said... the leak and the update just pushed out are exactly the same. If the ota doesn't work the leak shouldn't as well.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Just google search for it. It should take u 2 minutes. Search for 5.5.893 leak ota. I did it yesterday and found it in 2 seconds. That's said... the leak and the update just pushed out are exactly the same. If the ota doesn't work the leak shouldn't as well.

I know how to google, but thanks for the tip. I've already googled it and found all the links you've found; the reason I asked if someone could upload it is because those links are no longer working.

greenturtle36

Reaction score
OK I installed this update. Does this mean I am no longer able to receive OTA updates until I "go back to stock"?

and how do I "go back to stock" without losing my data.

I've not been able to install any more upgrades that I find, such as 5.7.893; my phone doesn't recognize them.

I have done numerous searches to try and answer these questions, so please do not reply with "just do a search". those responses are useless. Can anyone legitimately help me?

madmako

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused. I used Pete's Root Tools to root my Bionic. Is it advisable to unroot and return the device to its original VZW state and wait for the OTA update?

Thanks!

Last edited: