1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

heres one a search wouldnt find: clicking links on web page

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by ToddClark, Jan 31, 2010.

1. ToddClark

ToddClark New Member

OK, so i have email subscription enabled on most of the forums im on. Yep, i get my email showing me someone has replied to a thread. It also shows the link to that thread. On my laptop, i can just click that link and it takes me straight to it.

On my droid, its there, but no matter how many times i tap the link, it doesnt do squat. Am i missing something?
  2. xanthus1132

xanthus1132 New Member

It's the same for me if you are looking at the email in the gmail application. Just open your browser and login to your email that way to click the link.
  3. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

I suggest using k-9. Much better email app than the default and you can click links.
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

You can just open the mail in your "email" application (not gmail) and the full link will be provided there as well.
  5. ToddClark

ToddClark New Member

interesting, so basically, when i get an email on the phone, its pretty much just a reader. If i want to read and click any links that are sent, i have to actually log into my gmail account online. damn, that sux. :(
  6. AZDroid09

AZDroid09 New Member

For me the link is only not cickable if there are multiple parts to the conversation, ie many replies to the thread. But by tapping the top of the string of messages and viewing the first it one does show a clickable link in the 1st email message of the string.....it is very annoying to not tap it in the newest message but it is a doable workaround if you don't want another email program.