Here's how to turn off 4g

sik

Reaction score
On your phone dialer type in *#*#4636#*#* and goto phone info and switch to cdma auto prl. I figured I would made a thread since there are so many trying to find out how.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
There are also many threads stating what you said :)

Message delivered via a Bolt of lightning

OP
S

sik

Reaction score
Ahhh in didn't think there were since the last 4g thread I went into people were still trying to find out

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No problem. But, its actually *#*#4636#*#*

OP
S

sik

Reaction score
Look good catch... fixed. Damn numbers

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Haha

droidlady05

Reaction score
Droid Life did a story about an app named phone info that does the same thing w/o entering all that stuff. It's free in the market.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bhall238

Reaction score
And what do you have when you turn it off? Is it 3G? Does it say 3G? I ask because there is an app called Powermax (also free in the market) that is supposed to save your battery. It turns off the 4G symbol (as well as some other things) but nothing replaces it, no 3G, 1X or anything. Speed test won't work; an error message pops up saying you can't connect to the network, but phone calls still come through. I'm just wondering if both these things are turning off 4G.

mark3748

Reaction score
And what do you have when you turn it off? Is it 3G? Does it say 3G? I ask because there is an app called Powermax (also free in the market) that is supposed to save your battery. It turns off the 4G symbol (as well as some other things) but nothing replaces it, no 3G, 1X or anything. Speed test won't work; an error message pops up saying you can't connect to the network, but phone calls still come through. I'm just wondering if both these things are turning off 4G.

Powermax sounds like it is turning off the data radio completely. This just turns of LTE.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Yes, selecting cdma auto (prl) turns off 4g but keeps all other radios on.

Sent from my ADR6400L

ericcsong

Reaction score
This was posted in another thread, but "Phone Info" app is great to toggle between 4G and 3G

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This might be the wrong place to ask so if it is I apologize, but if I want to use my home wifi instead of 3G/4G I do need to turn it off first right? And if so how do you guys do it? I have Elixir installed, but when I try to use the Mobile Data Switch I get a pop up that says "Elixir changes the APN setting, Don't use this switch if you don't understand how it work..."

Now when I was on my OG D I had a pull down that I could turn it on and off whenever I wanted. But when I tried to make my widget, nothing happened. Am I missing something really simple here? I will go ahead and answer that... I am sure I am! ;)

LoBatt

Reaction score
You don't have to turn off the 4G radio prior to using wifi. Just turn on wifi. When it connects, you'll see that the 3G/4G indicator in the top bar on your phone disappears.