Here's a sad, sad, sad, story.

OP
M

Matth3w

Well thanks Matth3w for being so pathetic because your posts have been pretty dang helpfull in guiding me down my path to having a kick arse customized droid(as well as becoming a pathethic forum junkie)

Viva la smart phone revolucion!
Dancing bananas for you!

88058930.gif

cuskit

Reaction score
Hmmm. I'm a mod on another (unrelated) forum. Guess you could say I have no life. So - does this make me another sad, sadder or saddest? Of course - not even close to your specs! ;) cuskit

Statistics
Profile Views: 2,816*
Local Time: Feb 15 2010, 12:55 AM
6,995 posts (4.64 per day)

:icon_ banana:
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Last edited:
OP
M

Matth3w

The thing about the Mazda forums...I have TWICE that many posts in reality but on that forum the Off Topic section doesn't count towards your post count.

ShowTime

Reaction score
I don't understand.... so you've admitted your problem... now do we throw garbage at you or something? I don't know how this works.:icon_ devil:

Haha but seriously, gotta appreciate anyone who's A. willing to commit so much time to broadening our knowledge base and helping troubleshoot and increase our enjoyment and B. willing to put that commitment in to viewable stats so that we can all feel innumerably better about ourselves based on the knowledge that we aren't as pathetic :D

j/k. You're a big help.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I see your on Nasioc... do you drive a Subaru? I never cared for Nasioc personally... There is a local wrx forum I get on and IWSTI... Nasioc has been overrun by a bunch of jerks it seems..

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
:: Throws old cabbage, lettuce, and other assorted vegetables at the stage :: :icon_ devil:

OP
M

Matth3w

I don't understand.... so you've admitted your problem... now do we throw garbage at you or something? I don't know how this works.:icon_ devil:

Haha but seriously, gotta appreciate anyone who's A. willing to commit so much time to broadening our knowledge base and helping troubleshoot and increase our enjoyment and B. willing to put that commitment in to viewable stats so that we can all feel innumerably better about ourselves based on the knowledge that we aren't as pathetic :D

j/k. You're a big help.
haha :icon_ banana:
I see your on Nasioc... do you drive a Subaru? I never cared for Nasioc personally... There is a local wrx forum I get on and IWSTI... Nasioc has been overrun by a bunch of jerks it seems..
I used to have a Suby....before my Corvette...before my CTS-V....I've owned 6 cars in just over two years. I just get bored and move on. My CTS-V is actually for sale right now, haha.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Nice! I drive an WRB 06 with basic mods... exhuast, protune, springs, blacked out headlights/ tinted tails(like yours). What all was done to yours before you sold it? The pics are small, but I see CF hood(or painted black?), CF wingless trunk, front lip, rims, rear spats, tint, lowered... looks pretty nice. Whats your obsession with switching cars? And what kind/year of Vette was it and how do you think it compared to the STI?

OP
M

Matth3w

Let's see...mods...if I can remember (I'm sure I'll forget some)...it wasn't an STi, but I had all the STi parts aside from the motor in it.

Appearance:

- CF Seibon hood and trunk, CF upper rear window spoiler and hand laid CF tail (forget who made it, but it was discontinued and impossible to find)
- Front lip, side skirts, and rear lips
- Real not knockoff Gram Light 57S imported from Japan
- Sti scoop on the hood

Performance:

- Sti turbo, Sti injectors
- Acessport Reflashed ECU
- Turboback exhaust (forget the brand)
- Short shifter
- Thicker sway bars and endlinks
- Forget the brand of springs

Electronics:

- Two 10"s, and a bunch of other amps and loud ****

I am sure I am forgetting something, but it was just as fast as an STi with less torque and a different power curve obviously.

I just get bored and want to move on to another car. My Mazda before my Suby was on MazdaUSA's website under the Mazdaspeed section for almost two years before they took it down.

The Corvette is a different animal than any import. I never owned anything but imports before the Corvette, but it is such a different experience. 400hp/400ftlbs of torque and a 5.7L LS6 is apples to oranges to a 2 or 2.5L 4 banger. I don't hate on foreign cars but ever since I drove the Corvette Z06 I don't think I can go back to a 4cyl engine. My Vette used to shake at idle just from the power. 0-60 in 3.8 seconds STOCK.

Even a 2010 STi barely edges my CTS-V at 4.3 seconds (the CTS-V is closer to 4.8) but the CTS-V is more fun to drive. Only 2400 were sold in 2004 so most people have no clue what my car is until I step on the gas and throw people against the seats. The torque is just amazing. On my Vette second gear would slide the car sideways.

Honestly, like I said, I doubt I'll ever go back. If I sell my CTS-V, which I doubt I will anytime soon because the market for a 400hp 6spd Cadillac is slim, the slowest car I will get is a Camaro 1SS.

A couple of weeks ago the dealership in town offered me a 2009 Red Corvette Z06 (505hp) for a heavily discounted price of 62k to move it off the lot. Which I almost pulled the trigger on....however, my wife and I are preparing to transition from the military to civilian, and I didn't want to be saddled with that car payment and another (we will probably be moving to DC where obviously you aren't going to drive that all year and I'd have to get a second car), plus her 2009 G8. So I'll have to wait for another year or two.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
That Vette is sweet!!!!!!!! I'll have one someday.... Allways liked the CTS-V's as well... Sounds like we have similar taste in cars (not hockey teams :))

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Time for me to chime in here.

Dear Matth3w,

when i first read the headline, i was like "OH NOES, his cat died!!!" and then i saw you whining aboud flood control.....MAN seriusly...NOONE OF THE STAFF IS ABLE TO DO MORE MATHS THEN 1+1, and even that fails a lot of times :D

The thing is matth3w, flood control is there for a reason.
Think about it.

For me, its good as it is. But maybe you spammer can convince the admins :D

Tigger

DroidxRage

Reaction score
Nice cars my friend... funny, my license plate on my Subaru is GOT BST. :lol:

Stats from LegacyGT.com, the only other forum I post in enough to quote stats, (STIDRIVER, you should check it out, plenty of impreza guys on there that converted from LGT's, and less childish than Nasioc)

• Total Posts: 3,581
  • Posts Per Day: 3.57

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
^^ Nice plate.... what have you done to your Leggy? I've seen some nice ones in my area putting down some decent power...

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Closed

One more time Flood Control is staying on. No questions no changes. It's set where it is for a reason. Matt3w I can appreciate your time here. I do! If you want to talk about flood control anymore take it to me in private. Not a MOD take it directly to me. Thanks and have a nice day! Until then this thread is :closed_2:

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Apology

Hey Matth3w,

after reading your PM and after reviewing the thread,
me and miami want to apologize to you. Only the topic was making
us think you are complaining about the flood control, and we here a lot guys wining for
it.

Please accept our apology and continue happy Posting :icon_ banana:

Tigger and Miami