Here We Go! RAZR HD, Maxx HD, Razr M Bootloaders Unlocked For All! DOWNLOAD NOW!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yesterday we announced that the Motorola Bootloaders for the Razr HD, Maxx HD, Atrix HD, and Razr M had officially been unlocked, and that the method was soon to be released! The photo above is proof provided by recognized developer Mattlgroff that the exploit method created by Dan Rosenberg aka @DjrBliss will work on consumer devices to unlock the bootloader. This will not work on OMAP devices such as Bionic and OG RAZR. This is a simple one click executable.

Dan has taken some time to put together a long blog post explaining exactly how he achieved the unlocked bootloader which can be found here. I highly recommend reading this as it is a very interesting read.

You can grab the Exploit from Dan's site Vulnfactory.org!

p
hoto credit droidrzr.com

Big Note: If you plan to do this DO IT NOW, Verizon and Moto will have this patched up in no time!

Last edited:

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Alright. This has got me thinking again. Assuming the potential for Dev work picks up a little more given the new unlock method, does that make the HD Maxx worthy as an upgrade to my Bionic? Or, should I simply wait for the S4?

I'm trying to think towards the future and potentially being chained for another 2 years on contract. Does that still make the HD Maxx a viable option considering the newer processor in the S4, the 2gigs of RAM, and the potential for 64GB storage without even having an SD card installed. Oh, and removable battery (I know, shouldn't be a big deal, but I am sometimes without any way to charge my phone for days).

My concerns, technologically speaking with the S4 are relatively minor. 1) Moto's reception has always been the best in the business in the smartphone era. Samsung...not so much. 2) God awful TouchWiz. Is it too tied into the system to have an enjoyable experience via CM10, etc.?

With those thoughts on the table. I am one of those "ewww plasticy, cheap feeling" guys when it comes to the Galaxy line. I've always preferred a little heft to my phone, with back covers that don't creak continuously. And no, I do not like any type of cover/protector for my devices. Everything since my Eris has been naked and held up admirably.

So, should future proof win, or aesthetics?

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright. This has got me thinking again. Assuming the potential for Dev work picks up a little more given the new unlock method, does that make the HD Maxx worthy as an upgrade to my Bionic? Or, should I simply wait for the S4?

I'm trying to think towards the future and potentially being chained for another 2 years on contract. Does that still make the HD Maxx a viable option considering the newer processor in the S4, the 2gigs of RAM, and the potential for 64GB storage without even having an SD card installed. Oh, and removable battery (I know, shouldn't be a big deal, but I am sometimes without any way to charge my phone for days).

My concerns, technologically speaking with the S4 are relatively minor. 1) Moto's reception has always been the best in the business in the smartphone era. Samsung...not so much. 2) God awful TouchWiz. Is it too tied into the system to have an enjoyable experience via CM10, etc.?

With those thoughts on the table. I am one of those "ewww plasticy, cheap feeling" guys when it comes to the Galaxy line. I've always preferred a little heft to my phone, with back covers that don't creak continuously. And no, I do not like any type of cover/protector for my devices. Everything since my Eris has been naked and held up admirably.

The S4 may receive an unlocked bootloader eventually. We know that Adam Outler and Ralekdev will surely try their hardest. The S3 took a few months to get the unlocked bootloader on Verizon. However we did have kexec roms while we waited. From your post it sounds like you would be happier with the Maxx HD anyhow.

skennelly

Reaction score

Sounds like your mind is already made up.

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Well, a lot of it comes down to reception. Probably more so than anything else given how often I'm on the back highways of SC, or interstates towards Charlotte or Atlanta. If the S4 could hold up to it, I really like the notion of slapping a 64GB card in there and completely negating the need to have both a phone and mp3 player in the car with me. If Samsung's radios are not up to snuff, I've got to go with the tried and true Motorola hardware.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, a lot of it comes down to reception. Probably more so than anything else given how often I'm on the back highways of SC, or interstates towards Charlotte or Atlanta. If the S4 could hold up to it, I really like the notion of slapping a 64GB card in there and completely negating the need to have both a phone and mp3 player in the car with me. If Samsung's radios are not up to snuff, I've got to go with the tried and true Motorola hardware.

Motorola has always had the best reception in my experience. If storage is an issue the razr maxx does have an sdcard slot. Also there is a new kickstarter for an sdcard dongle that is smaller than a quarter that when plugged in looks like internal memory on the phone.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Does this means I can go to straight talk or Tmobile???

No. This unlocks your bootloader which means you can change kernels/flash unsigned packages.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Motorola has always had the best reception in my experience. If storage is an issue the razr maxx does have an sdcard slot. Also there is a new kickstarter for an sdcard dongle that is smaller than a quarter that when plugged in looks like internal memory on the phone.

pretty please post a link, I've been searching kickstarter and can't find anything like this that seems to be what you're talking about.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thank you, and that is exactly what needs to be integrated into a case of some sort for these non-sd card phones... you put the case around your phone and it not only allows pass through charging BUT allows a constant SD card... pretty awesome I think I'll donate for sure

Not a bad idea. I'm headed to the patent office now. Thanks! :biggrin:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not a bad idea. I'm headed to the patent office now. Thanks! :biggrin:

The are those iPhone battery cases that are like this already so I'm sure I'm not the only one with this idea. ;-)

---
I hate jelly beans, Google's jellybean is alright though.

Sent from my sickeningly sweet Galaxy Note II