Here We Go Again.. ICS Release Date May Be Close!!

Reaction score
While you're right that it doesn't have anything to do with Verizon's update, it's definitely a much better indicator that we're probably getting much closer to a release than any of the rumors that have come along in the past few months. I wouldn't be surprised if, at this point, Motorola is only waiting for the approval from Verizon before starting the soak test.

Once again...Are you sure there will be a soak test? I'm not convinced of it.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Given that Motorola always does soak tests, especially for a major OS update on a popular phone, I see no reason to think there won't be one. I suppose it could happen, but all we have to speculate upon is Motorola's history with soak tests. And Motorola's history with soaks leads one to believe that there will be a soak test for the ICS update.

thebeeobee

Reaction score
The Xoom soak test started on May 31st and it came out REALLY quickly after.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
MyEntityRemains said:

As mentioned it's been part of Motorola's process for a long time. They've never said or showed that they didn't plan on doing one, they have however indicates that did plan it.

Plus if it ends up something is wrong with the build(major or even just bad enough they don't want out to everyone), I'm sure they'd rather have 100's of people on a build that best case a Verizon service center would be able to put them back(if they even have to tools to do) or 10,000's people or however many Verizon Razrs there is.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

ripper2860

Reaction score
I received a Xoom soak e-mail on Monday 6/5; downloaded on Tuesday 6/6; survey went out on Wednesday 6/7; and soak was closed on Thursday 6/8. Just goes to prove these things can go rather quickly.

Last edited:

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
ripper2860 said:
I received a Xoom soak e-mail on Monday 6/5; downloaded on Tuesday 6/6; survey went out on Wednesday 6/7; and soak was closed on Thursday 6/8. Just goes to prove these things can go rather quickly.

I did the .181 soak, that fiasco took something like 2 weeks, but they did push the update right away. Just goes to show things can go wrong so you can't count on it until it actually happens.

Before that soak happened people thinking ICS was coming anyday, the fact that we hadn't even got the GB updated yet didn't change their minds about it, or that the ICS leaks that showed up shortly after the .181 leak weren't anything you'd want to run on your daily driver.

I really do hope the current build is the final & I get another email invite soon. I'm trying to hold off on sending this Razr bad too, hoping the new radios will solve my data issues.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I did the .181 soak, that fiasco took something like 2 weeks, but they did push the update right away. Just goes to show things can go wrong so you can't count on it until it actually happens.

Before that soak happened people thinking ICS was coming anyday, the fact that we hadn't even got the GB updated yet didn't change their minds about it, or that the ICS leaks that showed up shortly after the .181 leak weren't anything you'd want to run on your daily driver.

I really do hope the current build is the final & I get another email invite soon. I'm trying to hold off on sending this Razr bad too, hoping the new radios will solve my data issues.

What's funny is that I've done every bionic soak but this one, and no razr soaks, and the last few x and x2 soaks.

I know I'm signed up for the maxx, both that i own are signed up... probably in too many or something lol

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The Motorola owners forum. You sign up to be a member, and sign up to be part of the feed back network and register the phones IMEI # it's easy.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Caesars

Reaction score
Ok who wants to bet fake virtual currency?

I have 1,000 fvc (fake virtual currency) on ics being released after the 12th for the Verizon LTE maxx.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Caesars said:
Ok who wants to bet fake virtual currency?

I have 1,000 fvc (fake virtual currency) on ics being released after the 12th for the Verizon LTE maxx.

But the Cnet thing said it would. Plus my sister's, brother's, uncle's, neighbor knows a guy that mows the lawn for the postal worker that delivers mail to a Verizon sales rep that said it's 100% true.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I know him to... But that's not what he told me, rofl!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums