Here We Go Again.. ICS Release Date May Be Close!!

rochaeliseo

Reaction score
I definitely won't be holding my breath on this one... it'd be nice if it's actually true this time, I could definitely use a better battery life.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
thebeeobee said:
xoom – Search Results – Droid Life

There's the timeline. 6.1 Verizon announces it's coming. Someone leaks that it's coming on the 4th. On the 4th Motorola asks for testers on their forum. Someone leaks that build. People check their updater and some of them are starting to get the update.

The Nexus 4.04 update had a similar timeline last week.

I believe with the Razr we will see an announce documents on Friday and probably a release on Monday or Tuesday.

Time will tell.

What about that would make you think a build that's only days old will be released in a week? What's the build date on the Xoom update? Doesn't the Xoom run pure ICS like the Nexus? If so that also gives much shorter time between build date & soak test.

The fact that Motorola is still adding more blur to each new build, I don't think they're even at RC build yet(it's possible that the one from the other day is), they still seem to be in development, which still leaves testing & approval.

BTW, IIRC .181's build date was about 1mo before it p was released, but it did have a delay for soak test. It also got pushed out the after soak test ended. I do think that both Moto & big red feel more urgency on getting ICS out quickly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

rochaeliseo

Reaction score
lovemyram4x4 said:
I do think that both Moto & big red feel more urgency on getting ICS out quickly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

They should be feeling that way, when I first got this phone back in December I was told I'd be getting ICS SOON, 6 months later still nothing.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^ Well, when I bought my Bionic way back in September, I was told the same thing. 9 months later, still nothing. So we're in the same boat, and we (Bionic owners) have to wait even longer.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
That makes sense. The nexus got the 4.04 update last week. The xoom this week. And then us next week.

Nexus is not a good measuring stick because it was already on 4.03.

Xoom not a good measuring stick because it was on Honeycomb.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

True story. Trying to judge when we'll get our updates based off updates for phones from other manufacturers that use stock Android and a tablet that's coming from a tablet OS and using stock Android isn't really an accurate way of determining anything.

It's possible that a soak test could start in the next few days with a general release next week, but as others have said, I'm not holding my breath on that. This is just another rumor on top of other rumors.

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
I realize rumors are usually unreliable, but some of you are the most pessimistic people. Motorola has ICS for Razr being releases in Q2, so it won't be much longer. I swear some of you think it is never going to be released.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I realize rumors are usually unreliable, but some of you are the most pessimistic people. Motorola has ICS for Razr being releases in Q2, so it won't be much longer. I swear some of you think it is never going to be released.

Pretty much everyone here knows Motorola has said by the end of Q2, and that's what we expect. But given the constant flow of rumors that haven't panned out over the past few months, it isn't pessimistic to not put much faith in things that are just more rumors. It's realistic. The link in the first post quotes a source at Verizon. Well, pretty much all of the other rumors have quoted sources or leaks from Verizon too. The only things that really matter are official statements along with the start of an ICS soak test.

Those "pessimistic" people you're referring to have been through these types of updates time after time, and they know that no one should be getting too excited about rumors because most often, they don't pan out. Again, that's not being pessimistic, that's being realistic based off experience. Motorola says by the end of Q2, so that's what we're banking on. Until something else that's official comes along to support or alter that, everything else is a just rumor and should be treated as such.

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
Pretty much everyone here knows Motorola has said by the end of Q2, and that's what we expect. But given the constant flow of rumors that haven't panned out over the past few months, it isn't pessimistic to not put much faith in things that are just more rumors. It's realistic. The link in the first post quotes a source at Verizon. Well, pretty much all of the other rumors have quoted sources or leaks from Verizon too. The only things that really matter are official statements along with the start of an ICS soak test.

Those "pessimistic" people you're referring to have been through these types of updates time after time, and they know that no one should be getting too excited about rumors because most often, they don't pan out. Again, that's not being pessimistic, that's being realistic based off experience. Motorola says by the end of Q2, so that's what we're banking on. Until something else that's official comes along to support or alter that, everything else is a just rumor and should be treated as such.

In that case, I would recommend not reading ICS related posts and just wait for the update to arrive. You can find an abundance of other topics that don't really need discussing either. I saw one the other day asking what type of animal your phone would be. Maybe something like that would interest you.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
In that case, I would recommend not reading ICS related posts and just wait for the update to arrive. You can find an abundance of other topics that don't really need discussing either. I saw one the other day asking what type of animal your phone would be. Maybe something like that would interest you.

There's no reason for a childish response like that. It just diminishes what you're trying to say.

So, you don't think that discussing the validity of rumors and the likelihood that they're true or not shouldn't be a part of the discussion? That's part of the very essence of what discussing rumors is about. I never said they shouldn't be discussed, I just said that given the recent history with the rumors of the ICS update for the RAZR, you can't put a lot of faith in them.

If you don't care to discuss those aspects of the rumor mill, that's perfectly fine. Just don't reply to the posts that do.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I don't really care either way.... I'm lying lol. I would love to get ics on my maxx's before I say goodbye and move to the vanquish. :cool:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

SCREWd2V

Reaction score
Its summer time, I need my icecream!

Sent from my Fist, using your Face

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

There's no reason for a childish response like that. It just diminishes what you're trying to say.

So, you don't think that discussing the validity of rumors and the likelihood that they're true or not shouldn't be a part of the discussion? That's part of the very essence of what discussing rumors is about. I never said they shouldn't be discussed, I just said that given the recent history with the rumors of the ICS update for the RAZR, you can't put a lot of faith in them.

If you don't care to discuss those aspects of the rumor mill, that's perfectly fine. Just don't reply to the posts that do.

Guys your both entitled to your opinions, as long as they stay civil. I can understand threads getting on your nerves but ya know what??? There's room for both views :p cause your both wrong!!! :shock: Lol my problem is far more pressing!! :eek:I need help!!

I keep waking up with nightmares from going from eclaire to froyo, and then gingerbread!!!! I keep waking up in cold sweats!!! Its terrible!! I reach for my.maxx, and almost cry when I see I'm still.on gb, tears of relief... gonna have to go to rehab lol.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

Nexus was on 4.0.2 - which was an entire API level behind the GNex on other carriers.