Here is something very interesting and serious

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is due to the locked bootloader. Know the risks and proceed accordingly is all we can say. It doesn't look like the bootloader will be cracked anytime soon, if ever so be careful.

Sent from somewhere...

Hmmm...Seem to remember 3 months ago that the boot loader crack was imminent. :confused: Or do yo have some new info?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
bootloader crack is still where it was when we first heard about the droid 2/x locked bootloader.

MrKleen

Reaction score
The problem is when you flash a new rom and have not been able to load the bootstrapper yet.

I loaded tranquility last night and had all kinds of problems. It would automatically reboot on me every 15 seconds. It would not allow me to load any programs including the bootstrapper. I was not able to get into the recovery and it was a scary thing. Luckily the phone stayed on long enough 1 time that I was able to do a factory reset. I was lucky that the rom loaded better this time. I then restored 1 of my stable roms.

What is most scary is that we do not yet have an sbf for the new update we got last week for the X. Without an sbf available messing with your phone is a risky thing. Fortunately you're good to go with the droid 2.