Here is something I haven't heard about yet...

jasonb

Reaction score
damn it. it needs to be thursday morning!

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
second that..

I care when its my money.

very true, if they advertise 512, then we need the full 512. bottom line.

Yeah but sometimes it doesn't work that way. A prime example would be the 8GB internal Memory. You dont actually have 8GB you have less once the phone is configured due to the stuff on it by default. It only has 8GB internal memory free when you pull it out of the box. Once you fire up the phone and input your google account that full 8GB is going by bye and you will have something around 7.8 free or something like that.

mkzbdroid

Reaction score
...really?

It means exactly as a I said. While the hardware may indeed be 512mb of ram, the OS cannot address (use and/or see) all of it until the fixed kernel is in place.

Ever used Linux some years ago when you had to pass highmem switches to the kernel while booting to see more than 64mb of ram?

uhhh this is alien talk to me but hey if you can speak one word it will only unlock more words :icon_ banana:

herbmmm

Reaction score
Are any apps we add placed on the 8GB of internal memory or on the ROM? Also if we add an extra 16GB SD card does this add to the internal 8GB's or is it somehow separate?

nemanracing

Reaction score
Are any apps we add placed on the 8GB of internal memory or on the ROM? Also if we add an extra 16GB SD card does this add to the internal 8GB's or is it somehow separate?

the internal 8gb is formated in a way that 6.6gb is availiable for user storage music pixs ect... as far as availiable space for apps and such there is about .78gb of space. I can get more acurate numbers when i get to work and look at our demo unit... the memory card will be seen mounted seperate like external storage...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk