Here is something I haven't heard about yet...

OP
adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah...that concerns me too(turnaround for updates).

jasonb

Reaction score
Yeah more RAM sounds good on paper, but my Droid is doing just fine with 256 MB.. Besides Android does an awesome job at managing memory on its own (With a little modifying of the minfree file ofcourse :D).

Besides, with the Sense crap on the incredible, who knows when it will get an update.

ok ok I'm trying to make myself feel better about not having a shot at the Incredible

when root access is found i'm sure somebody will have a fixed kernel in no time. i don't plan on running customs roms, but i'll hack it for wifi tether and more ram.

jasonb

Reaction score
When I had a Nexus One, I had around 190ish MB free RAM. That was on a completely clean stock phone. You can probably expect the same on the Incredible

free ram meaning?

M1dnite

Reaction score
i dont care about numbers honestly. it runs smooth as butter and thats what matters.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jasonb

Reaction score
When I had a Nexus One, I had around 190ish MB free RAM. That was on a completely clean stock phone. You can probably expect the same on the Incredible

free ram meaning?

Meaning whatever was left for apps. The OS takes a big chunk though I'm not exactly sure how much.

that's rom, not ram. people have shown screenshots of the incredible with 740MB of free rom.

nphil

Reaction score
gah I meant RAM for apps. Apps are loaded into RAM when you run them and stay there until the memory is reclaimed

jasonb

Reaction score
gah I mean't RAM for apps. Apps are loaded into RAM when you run them and stay there until the memory is reclaimed

yea, so you saw 190 or so of free RAM (memory) quite often? of course it varies according to what apps you had running.

nemanracing

Reaction score
the incredible i've been toying with stays around 260mb ram free...

nphil

Reaction score
Like I said, it was a completely stock phone. I just took the phone out and checked out the free RAM with an app. Google apps were the only ones running in the background, and you have to count whatever memory those take since you pretty much need them all the time. Kill everything, and it was around 220ish

nemanracing

Reaction score
wow, really?

awesome!

yeah thats good for me, my moto droid hovers around 50mb of free ram(fresh boot is close to 100)

OP
adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Hmm, maybe they fixed it. Thats a pretty good number, considering Sense is a pig.

jasonb

Reaction score
wow, really?

awesome!
yeah thats good for me, my moto droid hovers around 50mb of free ram(fresh boot is close to 100)

sweet. my droid sits around 40-60 free most of the time. 260 is a nice number.

Hmm, maybe they fixed it. Thats a pretty good number, considering Sense is a pig.

maybe they did. 260 free is a very good amount. much better that 40-60.