1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Here I am: Have I been hacked?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by corezone, Aug 23, 2010.

1. corezone

corezone New Member

Hello all! I'm new to the site but I've had my Moto Droid since March. Gotta say I love just about everything it can do. The possibilities seem endless!

But with so much open source programming I was actually wondering if I've already been hacked. Scenario: I'm at somebody's house whom I am well acquainted with. He is always the goto person for anything computer related. He has a 10TB (terabyte) server in his house if that tells you anything.

Now I had texted this person from my droid that I was at his front door and that was the last I used my phone until I left. It sat in my pocket the entire time with the screen off.

When I left his house I pulled my phone out and turned the screen on. My text program was still open (normal) but in the input box was the admin network password for my router at my house. So it looked like I typed it and was about to send it. The only place it was stored on my phone was in an app called PasswordSafeLite. Is it possible that he hacked my droid from his PC (or he has an Iphone too)? And if so how do I stop intrusions from the rest of the world?

Thanks and sorry for the wordiness lol,

Corezone
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Welcome! I've not heard of any Droid being hacked.
  3. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

id say unless you connected to anything at his house like his network, then youre safe. id say the passwordapp is at fault here. never used it; i dont want/need a place that stores all of my passwords, esp. if its a poorly designed app. not saying that this is, but that looks like the only way your password was put on your texting app so id maybe try a different password vault app

just cause a man has a 10TB server doesnt mean hes stealing your passwords lol
  4. cromo8

cromo8 New Member

most likely not ive never heard of any phones being hacked, like could be your phone tried to connect to wifi or something of the sort or maybe you just didnt leave it the way you said :p
  5. tjkriegel

tjkriegel New Member

I would guess the auto complete might have somehow brought it up.
  6. c_hale22

c_hale22 Theme Developer Theme Developer

Yeah I wouldnt worry about it. Ive pulled my phone at of my pocket and had some wierd stuff on screen and also wondered how the heck did I do that.
  7. aminaked

aminaked New Member

Make sure your password isn't in your user dictionary. If it is, then that probably explains it. If not, could it have been on your clipboard? If not, uninstall the password app and any other strange apps.
  8. corezone

corezone New Member

Thanks for the responses. I had thought about Autotype settings as well so I did make sure that no passwords were in the dictionary, which none were. So the next step is to try out a different password keeper.
Search tags for this page
can i tell if my galaxy s3 had been hacked
hacking vaulty
how can you find if your phone has been hacked in your app
how do you know if your android phone has been hacked
how to tell if android is hacked
how to tell if my computer was hacked by android
i i know my phone has been hacked somehow how do i

my android has been hacked

signs your motorola matrix may be hacked