Help!who can tell me the differences bitween bootanimation.zip & frameworl-res.apk

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by imagicd86, Apr 4, 2010.

1. imagicd86

imagicd86 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    here i push nexus's bootanimation.zip into my droid.it can change my boot animation.
    But to substitute the files in framework-res.apk can also change my boot animation.
    so.......

#1 imagicd86, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  2. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Bootanimation.zip is the full splash screen when your phone boots up and that is it. The framework-res.apk has two files that look like they are associated with the bootanimation. I have not messed with these files really to see what they are. The framework is the main part of the phone (notification bar, pop-up screens, progress bars, and the list goes on)

3. imagicd86

imagicd86 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thx.but,i have done a bootanimation.zip with the win7's boot animation inside(in my attachments)but it cannot work.depressed

#3 imagicd86, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  4. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Where did you put the bootanimation.zip when you changed it to the Nexus one? There is three places that you can place the bootanimation.zip. So, it depends on you put it that the framework would affect it.

5. CFH

CFH Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I fixed your boot animation. You had an extra folder in there, and I rewrote your desc.txt file. It works fine now. :)

Just download and rename it to bootanimation, and drop it into /data/local. then boot up and enjoy!

6. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Never thought about playing around with boot animation. So you take a zip file named bootanimation and drop it in the /data/local folder and that's it? No permissions to be set? There's nothing in that folder now that resembles bootanimation now, just a tmp folder and wpa_supplicant in that.