HELPPP!Snow damage To My Droid Eris!

denisemarielovesyou

Reaction score
My phone has water damage.But I have alot of saved messages and alot of saved notes on my notes app&if i get a replacement is there anyway for me to save my data from the app?Or anyway i can avoid having to buy a new one?it will only turn on if its on the charger&immediately after you unplug it it dies&after a few minutes it will die on the charger.Nothing else seems wrong with it but that,there isnt even water in my screen.

rigbyrobot

Reaction score
My phone has water damage.But I have alot of saved messages and alot of saved notes on my notes app&if i get a replacement is there anyway for me to save my data from the app?Or anyway i can avoid having to buy a new one?it will only turn on if its on the charger&immediately after you unplug it it dies&after a few minutes it will die on the charger.Nothing else seems wrong with it but that,there isnt even water in my screen.

dont turn it on!! take it apart as much as you feel comfortable doing so and stick the parts in dry uncooked rice for at least 24 hours, if the damage is done, see if you had it set up to sync with google

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App

projektorboy

Reaction score
How do you know if its set up with google?

Android phones by design can't function without a Google account. It's already "set up with Google" just by virtue of having functioned for you in the first place.

If the phone can at least stay on while it's plugged in, you can use the app SMS Backup & Restore to back up your text messages to the SD card, at the very least. Once that stuff is on the SD card you can just swap over your SD card when you get another phone.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How do you know if its set up with google?

Android phones by design can't function without a Google account. It's already "set up with Google" just by virtue of having functioned for you in the first place.

If the phone can at least stay on while it's plugged in, you can use the app SMS Backup & Restore to back up your text messages to the SD card, at the very least. Once that stuff is on the SD card you can just swap over your SD card when you get another phone.
Thats what everyone thought on v1.6 until they flashed or factory reset their phones and lost their contacts. You can also bypass the google setup and use the phone on wifi only if you want to.
That being said, I would try to back up your messages with SMS back up. I dont know if your phone will power up long enough to do a back up, it will depend on how many messages you have. As far as your note app, that info should be on your SD card.

rigbyrobot

Reaction score
if you set your phone to sync contacts to your google acct. when you set up your phone, you'd find them img gmail

Sent from my FroyoEris using DroidForums App