HELPPP overclocking....

boostedgst13

Reaction score
So i just rooted my phone and downloaded setcpu. How do i get it to 800 mhz?

Geken

Reaction score
go over to the Droid Hacks forum and read some of the stickies posted there. It will help much more than asking a question that has been answered multiple times

OP
B

boostedgst13

Reaction score
i have tried reading everything. could find anything that makes sense. Is it not that easy?

mike_kauble

Reaction score
Also, you should note, doing so broke my wifi. I had to run the fix for that in order to get it working again.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
i have tried reading everything. could find anything that makes sense. Is it not that easy?

You gotta DL a kernel and push it to your sdcard....then use adb to install it

I wrote a howto on this, go to the hacking help forum and find it

Or I'll post a link just hold on a sec

Geken

Reaction score

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have an idea.. in this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/17714-themed-rom-smoked-glass-w-white-clock.html, you will see the following line about four paragraphs down:

"You MUST root your phone and install SirPsychoS' SPRecovery 0.99.2b. Click HERE to install." <-- click that link that takes you to Sholes

scroll down about four post to where it says "SMUpdater 4 released" and download that file (free from that site, the $5 is only if you want to donate). this is an absolutely idiot proof, walk-you-through-just-keep-clicking-ok method of 1: rooting, 2: installing the smoked glass v4 rom found in the first link at the top of this post.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS WILL CHANGE YOUR DROID DRAMATICALLY. but lots of folks love that rom, it makes some pretty awesome changes (which you will find a list of in that first link).

i posted the first link so that you can read through what all that rom does to your phone. among those things, you have the ability to (after downloading SetCPU) overclock to the 800mhz and 1ghz marks without doing anything else. all you have to do is download the SMUpdater 4 and follow the prompts. during all the rebooting processes, you will have some options of what to install (like milestone browser, some 2.1 apps, etc), but otherwise it is nearly point and click.

edit: this is the rom i am currently using. if you aren't sure about something or the description in the first link isn't clear enough, please feel free to PM me or post in that thread for help. ;)

Last edited: