helpp!!

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
i cant find the settings in the stock SMS app. also on the top of my home screen it has this bubble thing thats like explaining that if i touch the launcher icon and alll this other stuff. how do i make it go away?

and the handcent...even if my phone is on standby when i get a text it ulocks the phone and automatically opens the message. whats upwith this?

pool_shark

Reaction score
When you open any app hit the menu button and you should see a tab for settings. You should explore your phone, get use to it. Open all the apps you're interested in and go through the settings.

The device and the apps are very customizable, we can't tell you how to set it up for you, you need to explore the settings and set it up the way you want it.
Just play with the device for a while, you find all the settings you need.

The text messaging app has a settings tab, open the text messaging app, hit the menu key and tap message settings.
Don't go into a text message, just within the app itself.

Last edited:
OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
okay thanks i got it. this phone is awsomee lol

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Follow pool_sharks' advice. As I've already mentioned each app has a setting section. Read the options and play around. As for Handcent it has an option to display any new messages on the screen so you do not need to "wake" and tap the app to reply. That feature can be disabled. Check the settings!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;y0Bdpe35hnU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Bdpe35hnU]YouTube - Droid 2 by Motorola: Your Contacts and More[/video]

use the settings at the end to make sure your contacts number match with the person and it will fix the issue. I use the default text more then handscent now.

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
the battery drains fast when installing multiple apps.the guy at the store said ill get almost double the battery life from the extended battery

pool_shark

Reaction score
I charge mine frequently. I charge it over night, in the car, and with my laptop.

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
mine died so i have it chrging right now and i charge a t night but i usually dont charge durring t he day unless im home and have time. i have the e xted. battery and i downloaded like 4 aps at once and it draned down form 40 to less than 5 in like 10 minutes

pool_shark

Reaction score
Make sure you don't have the wifi notification on.
If you have your email syncing make sure it doesn't do it too frequently, same with social networking and weather.

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
now its been charging for hours and its still just at 90%. will the extended battery go to 100%?

i HAVE been using it during the charge but after a couple hours will it still not go to 100%?

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
okay so have something set somewhere th tis runing my battery down i unplugged it about 3 minutes ago now its down to 90% again and this is on the extended battery. wifi and bluetooth and everything is off...

everstar80

Reaction score
Speak with a senior tech support to assist you with the problems. Have you synced your contacts? If it is the phone itself the get them to replace it. Also make sure it isn't an app you may have recently downloaded because they can sometimes mess up things like your contacts.