helpp!!

Derek32

Reaction score
So I am in the car right now posting this from my new droid2. I love it but whem I get a text message it shows up on the top of the screen as the name of the person who texted me but when I open my inbox it just shows numbers not the persons name. Helpp

pool_shark

Reaction score
That happens to me from time to time haven't figured out why, I assume it's just a software glitch. I reboot it and it's fine, sometimes it corrects itself without a reboot.

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
somecontacts show up, my moms did but none others have. i bought the extended battery too so im set lol. how do you reboot?i know its a stupid q. but idk lol

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't believe there's a reboot app that works w/out root, but you can power down by holding the power key until a dialog appears and selecting the power off option, and then power up in the normal way, hold power key until moto log appears.

You can also pull the battery, of course.

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
okay thanks it works lol. i walked out of the store withtheohone. got in ther cr and put the extended battery in and the phone freaked ut and kepttelling me to tke the battery out it like rejected ther battery. i went back ini and they gave me a whole new phone and the extended battery works now. is the battery percentage correct with the etended battery?

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
do have to keep using the standard text messaging or is there more apps i can get for texting? which ones are free? whats the difference? how do get them and how do i stop the old one from working too?lol i know nothing about this phone

pool_shark

Reaction score
Not to be rude but you should use the search function from the forums. Most of your questions have already been answered.

The most popular sms apps are handcent, chomp, sms popup.

There are lots of free apps in the market, take a look.

Once you install one of the other apps, just disable the notifications of the default sms app.

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
okay now how do i disable the notificatons(last q. then ill search the rest lol)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I assume you are asking how to disable the notifications of the stock app. Is that correct?

You have the ability to control the notification for each app. Open the app, tap menu, tap settings, tap notifications. Select your preference.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Open the text messaging app, menu - message settings, uncheck the notifications box.

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
thank you i just downloaded handcentsms. these phones are sort of confusing lol

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have the number synced with your contacts. I had that issue until I went into contacts and made sure it was synced with the person, after that I do not see numbers but the person's name.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
You'll get it figured out. Take your time. Remember that each app has a setting section.