HelpASAP Broke new phone

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I think your battery died while you were in recovery. The order of wiping data and cache don't matter. I don't think your battery will charge while in recovery and if it doesn't have a certain amount charged on it it won't reboot properly, then all your subsequent attemps kept draining it more and now it can't boot. Just plug it in and let it charge and you should be ok. Check it in the afternoon and see if it will boot. If not post in here and there are other ways to fix it from there. Main thing is to get it charged.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Thanks. As soon as you suggested I plug it into an outlet I did and the Moto logo came up instantly, a few posts ago. It was charging with the light on. However now the LED by the charger is off again as if it isn't charging, and I'm unsure why. I hope that doesn't mean it stopped charging but it could be. And if so ... I'm not sure what to do about it.

The screen is on with Moto logo but LED by charger port is off. Does this mean I can't charge it anymore? I mean I have had it plugged in all night pretty much, only taken it out to swap between AC to computer for mounting SD card through SPRecovery.

Eh... I'm not sure but thanks for all of your continued help, it really is appreciated!! I really need it.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Thanks. As soon as you suggested I plug it into an outlet I did and the Moto logo came up instantly, a few posts ago. It was charging with the light on. However now the LED by the charger is off again as if it isn't charging, and I'm unsure why. I hope that doesn't mean it stopped charging but it could be. And if so ... I'm not sure what to do about it.

The screen is on with Moto logo but LED by charger port is off. Does this mean I can't charge it anymore? I mean I have had it plugged in all night pretty much, only taken it out to swap between AC to computer for mounting SD card through SPRecovery.

Eh... I'm not sure but thanks for all of your continued help, it really is appreciated!! I really need it.

So now it sits on the M logo? Not turning on and off?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm gonna have to go for now...been up for 24hrs now and just can't stay up anymore.....be assured someone will step in soon to help out. And if not go ahead and start a thread so it will be seen. I hope you get the resolved soon.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Yes it's on the M logo plugged into the AC, has not turned off but the light isn't on as before. It's been plugged in since then and still on... so maybe it does have a charge and the light is indicating that it won't charge any further. But I won't say anything as a fact .. and you know a lot more about Droids than I do. I can only tell you what my Droid is doing.

Plugged into AC hasn't turned off. Should I go ahead boot up SPRecovery and attempt to wipe data, cache, and recover "preinstallXXXXnumbers" , which was what I recall the name of the back up Nandroid made? If so, should I recover all , or just the three that are preselected already.

I found on another post early this morning after midnight that a guy had luck recovering his everything except system, by unchecking system he was able to get a recovery. I attempted this but I had no luck, then again I'm not sure if that was one of my attempts where I wiped cache and data before hand or not...

I totally understand .. thank you for the support. Take it easy!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
PetRiLJO, how are you making out? Has your phone charged?

Mike

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
I just remembered that when this sh request that says allow or deny it has a box that says remember I don't remember clicking the remember box the first time I did it could that had been y I got stuck in boot loop 2 times and one time it loaded but then froze and rebooted and got stuck. I'm just wondering if I didn't check the remember box maybe it messed something up which wouldn't allow it dm 1.0 to work properly?

That could be part of the problem. Also get rid of ATK its useless and causes more problems than its worth. About dmupdater. Open your superuser app and tap all the things listed. Those are your permissions, now they will ask for them again, this time hit remember.

There was only on thing there with a plus sign on it I clicked it now when I open the ninja icon there's nothing there now and when I go into dmupdater it asks me to allow and remember so if I do this it should work now correct

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Mwhartman

Thanks for the reply Mike!

As of this moment the phone has yet to charge to the point where the LED light will come on.

This may have been a mistake on my part but after reading a lot of posts and threads among different forums where others are having battery charging issues, and I pulled the battery a couple times from the wall charger plug in and put it back in. That helped some users get the light back on, but not me.

Now I am leaving it on charge in the wall outlet because everyone seems to agree thats the fastest way to charge it. it seems I am suffering from a drained battery. And a fully discharged Li-Ion battery does take a long time to charge from a full discharge, as jstafford1 pointed out earlier. I just wish I knew more on how my phone is making out if I do ever get it to accept a charge and boot up.

The Motorola logo is there and no charge light, so I can only assume the power is trickling in until it can get to that point where it only needs a low voltage in order to charge (after a very long time).

Also! If anyone is interested, I took the suggestion of jstafford1 and created my own thread instead of hijacking this one since his issue appears to be solved and mine isn't. You can follow up on my thread here if interested =D I could use the inspiration cause' right now I'm pretty bummed :).

Dead Droids are a sad thing.

My thread:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...st-attempt-rooting-failed-need-more-help.html

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
I just remembered that when this sh request that says allow or deny it has a box that says remember I don't remember clicking the remember box the first time I did it could that had been y I got stuck in boot loop 2 times and one time it loaded but then froze and rebooted and got stuck. I'm just wondering if I didn't check the remember box maybe it messed something up which wouldn't allow it dm 1.0 to work properly?

That could be part of the problem. Also get rid of ATK its useless and causes more problems than its worth. About dmupdater. Open your superuser app and tap all the things listed. Those are your permissions, now they will ask for them again, this time hit remember.

There was only on thing there with a plus sign on it I clicked it now when I open the ninja icon there's nothing there now and when I go into dmupdater it asks me to allow and remember so if I do this it should work now correct

Update. Ok i clicked remember and now there is one thing under ninja with green plus sign it says 10049:10049 0:0/system/bin/sh

is this all thats suppose to be under there?