HelpASAP Broke new phone

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
ok so I deleted the nandroid folder now one more question there is an update-stock and an update files already on my sd card should i delete the update file/files or will that matter.

Yeah delete those files too. You won't need them right now and can confuse you when you do need to use an update.zip

bpad10

Reaction score
A rescue squad now.....wow, this forum continues to amaze.....this is the most informational and complete forum I've seen..:)

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
Ok so i deleted nandroid and if i delet the update files if I choose to use dmupdater to root and install sprecovery. then from there I will create back-up and install any rom manually from that point on it will work just fine correct?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok so i deleted nandroid and if i delet the update files if I choose to use dmupdater to root and install sprecovery. then from there I will create back-up and install any rom manually from that point on it will work just fine correct?

You got it. If you need any help with any of those steps feel free to ask. Good luck.

haythem1992

Reaction score
Rescue Squad you have a crapload of patience. I wish i knew about you guys when i was flashing an sbf to fix my phone, it scared the crap out of me because that is the final step before doom. :icon_eek:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Bpad and haythem...thanks for the kind words. We all appreciate it.

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
yeah I'm def glad these guys are here. You all def have made me more confident so instead of tryin the dmupdater mod 1.0 I'm ded going to try to install the new bb v 9. I am still not sure whther I'm going to root manaully or use the updater because I'm not sure if the problem I had came from the root I did or just a problem with installing the new rom but I know sprecovery was working that why I was going to go ahead and use the updater again because if sprecovery worked and I had the ninja icon then I would figure the root did work. Any opinions on which way and why the mod messed up 3 times I did notice there are 3 files in my nandroid folder now due to backing up 3 time before doing it maybe that's why it loaded then froze the 2nd time

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
yeah I'm def glad these guys are here. You all def have made me more confident so instead of tryin the dmupdater mod 1.0 I'm ded going to try to install the new bb v 9. I am still not sure whther I'm going to root manaully or use the updater because I'm not sure if the problem I had came from the root I did or just a problem with installing the new rom but I know sprecovery was working that why I was going to go ahead and use the updater again because if sprecovery worked and I had the ninja icon then I would figure the root did work. Any opinions on which way and why the mod messed up 3 times I did notice there are 3 files in my nandroid folder now due to backing up 3 time before doing it maybe that's why it loaded then froze the 2nd time

I'm not totally sure what happened. Could have been a corrupt file that kept getting reused. I think you're good to use dmupdater if you want. Like you said root worked and sprecovery worked so that wasn't the issue. And if you run dmupdater again it will redownload all that so it is a fresh start. If you go for BB v9 you will have to use the nandroid option. And pete says to wipe data and cache twice before doing the restore, important step don't forget it. But do a backup before you wipe anything. I ran bb v9 for a little and it is pretty fast. I think you'll like it. Let us know how it goes or any more questions.

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
Ok one more thing. So i finally had some time did some more reading and i rooted again. Everthing wwnt smooth ninja guy is there but i was wondering ok so i used the dmupdater and it basically applied an update.zip file to my phone. Did this process also install sprecovery and if it did i just go in and create a backup n i can name that backup anythin and it will go into my nandroid folder or do i need to create a new nandroid folder before backing up

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you create the backup it will go in there.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok one more thing. So i finally had some time did some more reading and i rooted again. Everthing wwnt smooth ninja guy is there but i was wondering ok so i used the dmupdater and it basically applied an update.zip file to my phone. Did this process also install sprecovery and if it did i just go in and create a backup n i can name that backup anythin and it will go into my nandroid folder or do i need to create a new nandroid folder before backing up

You shouldn't need to create a folder, and it should have flashed sprecovery for you. To check open dmupdater and tell me what it says

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
Yeah it didnt install sprecovery it says u need to update flash allow or deny su...system/bin/sh i believe or its something very close now i just watched the video again and it says do this but u hen select whixh rom to install meanin the droidmod 1.0 or stock (no root) then restart in sprecovery automatically then im guessing installs sprecovery backs up n installs rom at same time.is there a way to just install the recovery then skip installing rom because it seems like they made that one process instead of 2. Maybe i need to install sp recovery manually also

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Flash the rom (DM 1.0) and after it flash it will reboot you into recovery

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Yeah it didnt install sprecovery it says u need to update flash allow or deny su...system/bin/sh i believe or its something very close now i just watched the video again and it says do this but u hen select whixh rom to install meanin the droidmod 1.0 or stock (no root) then restart in sprecovery then im guessing installs recovery backs up n installs rom at same time is here a way to just install the recovery then skip installing rom because it seems like hey made that one process instead of 2. Maybe i need to install sp recovery manually also

Allow it to update recovery. Flashing the rom is a seperate process so you can just root and get sprecovery then install whatever rom you want.

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
But then it boots into recovery and runs automatically creatin backup then instaling the rom and i dont want to install that rom