Help

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by dlbrown75, Oct 28, 2010.

1. dlbrown75

dlbrown75 New Member

I love looking at everyones wallpapers and themes, but id really appreciate if someone could explain to me simply how I get my own wallpapers, themes, and icons? Im not rooted, but considering, using dx 2.2. Also im not a computer whiz.
  2. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter Active Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Look for a guy that goes by the name MBK. They were a huge help to me and did a little customization to help me get one part of a theme I wanted. Good luck and have fun with it. You will need to root to do themes.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. turdbogls

turdbogls New Member

most things you see can be done without root. Download Metamorph...this needs root i believe (to change icons in the status bar for instance)
    download bettercut or shorter cut (to make a shortcut to an app on the home screen with a custom icon)
    and download desktop visualizer if you want to make an "android phone 7" look. then it is just a matter of getting the icons (either from icon packs in the market or from the web) and figuring everything out.

to get wallpapers, there are a few wallpaper apps in the market, or you can google image search to find something, longpress to save.

i have gotten icons from the market, and also from the web and saved them to the SD card.

themes do require root tho, so you are outta luck with just flashing a new theme to completely change the look of your phone.