Help!!!

joshs

Reaction score
Ok here is the story I have the first droid. I had it rooted and and all was fine then on rom manager i installed the rom labeled factory rom but with root (contains superuser also). All was fine but for some reason I am now unable to use rom manager because it says that I so not have the correct permission. (still have superuser icon) So then I decided that I would just restore a previous saved version with spry recovery to find out that some how the stock droid boot loader is back. After trying to reinstall the backup using the update.zip method that comes up not able to verify the Zip. So then I was reading that you can flash the new boot loader with rsd lite with no luck because it will not allow me to push the start button even though it shows the device connected. I also tried to move the recovery file to several different folders because in the forum someone said that that had worked. Also tried different ports. So at that point i loaded the terminal on the phone and tried to the command su to see if i had root and it said that permission is denied. So now on to the i touch root programs such as androot and easy root both programs say that I have root and when clicking unroot in the program it says that I am unable too. In easy room it also gives you the option to force root and that also will not work. So it seems that the programs that will root the phone say that the phone is already rooted but when you use a program that requires root it says that I do not have root. So it seems that some how I am stuck in the middle of root and unroot some how. Below are some additional details:

Android version 2.2
Baseband Version c_01.41.00r
Kernal Version 2.6.32.9-g874c292
android-build@apa26#1
Build number frg22d

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Did you follow the guide here, in the Droid Laboratory? Motocache wrote a very good walkthrough on using RSDlite and getting it to work 100%. There's alot of things you have to make sure on in the right place and the correct files for it to work.

OP
J

joshs

Reaction score
Yes I did see the tortorial and followed it for rsd

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Obviously for some reason, you have lost root on your phone. And when you 'un-root' your phone it doesn't always get rid of the superuser app.

I suggest a careful read of what jstafford recommended as that thread has helped many, many people root their A855 droid. I noticed that there were even alot of people who were first time posters (n00bs) who had success with that method.

If for some reason that still doesn't work, maybe try fully unrooting your droid and then trying again, and/or I have a guide that doesn't require the use of RSD Lite, but it is pretty syntax intense.

good luck