Help!

KGameLover1

Reaction score
So, I rooted my DInc....
and I turn on the phone and everything is gone!
I made a Nandroid backup and a ClockworkMod Backup (just to be safe)
so.... what can I do to get my contacts/calendars/text messages/apps/etc back? Please help!

BTW I am new to rooting so please don't be mean if this is something really obvious.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So, I rooted my DInc....
so.... what can I do to get my contacts/calendars/text messages/apps/etc back? Please help!

BTW I am new to rooting so please don't be mean if this is something really obvious.

All that is tied to your Google email account and should come back. Have you signed back in?

OP
K

KGameLover1

Reaction score
So, I rooted my DInc....

All that is tied to your Google email account and should come back. Have you signed back in?

Yes, but nothing happened. :(
Is there a way to extract parts of the Nan/CM backups? And where are they located?

OP
K

KGameLover1

Reaction score
Anyone know?

EDIT: I tried to pull up a list of apps in the Market (y'know, with Menu->Downloads) and I only see Flash Player and other required apps.

Last edited:
OP
K

KGameLover1

Reaction score
OK - now my LCD will not come on! I didn't brick it (as if I plug it in to my computer with doubleTwist up it recognizes it) but IDK what's wrong!!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

OP
K

KGameLover1

Reaction score
PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP ME!

My LCD comes on now (I rebooted in recovery) but my SD card isn't appearing as mounted! D:

OP
K

KGameLover1

Reaction score
I just restored from a ClockworkMod backup. Will try to reinstall custom ROM later.

TweakedSystems

Reaction score
Well have you tried to activate your phone? when I do a restore. I have to activated my phone all over again,then everything works.

OP
K

KGameLover1

Reaction score
Well have you tried to activate your phone? when I do a restore. I have to activated my phone all over again,then everything works.
....I ran through Setup and everything, it didn't come back.....
I went back from my CM backup.... but my problem now is that my SD card is being recognized as read-only.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First make sure you sync your contacts with google. That way every time you log in to google on your they will be pulled over.

To sync press menu>settings>accounts and sync>Google.

Now onto the SD. The phone is telling you it is read only or your pc is?

Edit: Also there is nothing in the root process that should have wiped your phone. Did you wipe data/cahce and try to install a rom?

Last edited:
OP
K

KGameLover1

Reaction score
First make sure you sync your contacts with google. That way every time you log in to google on your they will be pulled over.

To sync press menu>settings>accounts and sync>Google.

Now onto the SD. The phone is telling you it is read only or your pc is?

Edit: Also there is nothing in the root process that should have wiped your phone. Did you wipe data/cahce and try to install a rom?

Alright, I will sync my contacts...
My phone is telling me the SD is read only....
Yes, I wiped the data and tried to install SkyRaider - but it was really glitchy for me.
Which custom ROM should I install?

I added you on Gtalk too.

Last edited:

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wiping would have casued you to lose the contacts. There are a bunch of roms out there. Try a few of them and see what you think.

As for your SD I would power off the device and pull it out. Give it the old nintendo blow. Then put back in and reboot.

OP
K

KGameLover1

Reaction score
Wiping would have casued you to lose the contacts. There are a bunch of roms out there. Try a few of them and see what you think.

As for your SD I would power off the device and pull it out. Give it the old nintendo blow. Then put back in and reboot.

OK.

As for the SD, I can't believe I didn't think of that! /facepalm

Thanks for the help :)