Help!!!

lazybumswife

Reaction score
Yes I'm a newbie but I need help. Some how I changed a setting on my phone. I had been able to charge the phone when connected via the cable to the computer but now its not doing that. Can anyone help me...... PLEASE!

fiver643

Reaction score
i dont know if theres a setting for that. at least i haven't noticed one. do you have the wall adapter for it? try charging with the wall adapter. if that dont charge it might be the cord.

OP
L

lazybumswife

Reaction score
i dont know if theres a setting for that. at least i haven't noticed one. do you have the wall adapter for it? try charging with the wall adapter. if that dont charge it might be the cord.

I know there's a way because until yesterday when I messed with stuff it had been charging this way. For me when using my laptop and having my phone right here its easy to just plug it in and let it trickle charge.

fiver643

Reaction score
thats the way i charge my phone. but i have never noticed a way to turn it on/off. but i see you have the droid x. so maybe theres a option on the x that allows you to do that.

validoption

Reaction score
Yes I'm a newbie but I need help. Some how I changed a setting on my phone. I had been able to charge the phone when connected via the cable to the computer but now its not doing that. Can anyone help me...... PLEASE!

When connected to the computer, drag down the notifications screen on your phone. Tap USB Connections and try one of the other modes.

Sent from my DROIDX

Smokie

Reaction score
I'm unaware of an option to shut that off.. the only thing I know for sure is that when the phone is stone dead and shuts off, you cannot charge it through the USB cable with your computer. It would then have to be plugged into the wall charger. I was stuck at work and the phone went dead and shut itself down. I had to run out to the car and use the car charger to get it back to like 5% then run inside and plug it into the comp real quick.

OP
L

lazybumswife

Reaction score
Problem Solved

I last night killed some tasks and I killed the task that allows for it to charge.

OP
L

lazybumswife

Reaction score
I last night killed some tasks and I killed the task that allows for it to charge.

And rebooting didn't fix this?

Sent from my DROIDX

Yes rebooting the phone fixed the issue. Once rebooted I was able to charge the device. Thanks everyone! I leave my wall charger up in my bedroom so that I can charge the phone at night till I get myself a docking station.

fiver643

Reaction score

I'm using Advanced Task Cleaner 2.0 which is what I was recommended by several to use, I was told not to use the task killer.
i dont mean this any disrespectful way possible, but if you didn't use any task killer/task cleaner you wouldn't have this problem now. you should read that link. theres some good info in there. sorry if i offended you in any way.

OP
L

lazybumswife

Reaction score

I'm using Advanced Task Cleaner 2.0 which is what I was recommended by several to use, I was told not to use the task killer.
i dont mean this any disrespectful way possible, but if you didn't use any task killer/task cleaner you wouldn't have this problem now. you should read that link. theres some good info in there. sorry if i offended you in any way.

It would help if you read what I posted I said I was using Task Cleaner!