Help!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Buddy1, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Buddy1

Buddy1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I have a question that hopefully someone can help me out with. I currently have the droid 1 and was rooted with 2.1 using DMupdater. When the first 2.2 OTA update cameout, I unrooted. I than used Easy Root to get root again for 2.2. Well. when the second OTA update cameout yesterday. I forgot to unroot before agreeing with the update. Now I have the Superuser app installed and i cannot uninstall it. A couple of programs thinks my phone is still rooted when it is actually not. I did a hard reset hoping that the SuperUser thing would be removed, but it is still there. I reinstalled Easy Root and it even says my phone is rooted and it will not let me un-root. I used to use CacheMate when I was rooted, but now i cannot use it, so I installed Quick App Clean Cache and it thinks I am rooted as well. If I go to clean the cache, it tellms me I do not have root permissions.

Is there a simple way to go back to the previous release of 2.2 or even 2.1, unroot, remove SuperUser app and than do the 2.2 OTA update?

Any help would be apprecited.

Thx in advance

2. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
  3. Buddy1

Buddy1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thx for the reply. Seems very labor intensive to do that. But I will go that route if it is my last resort. Hopefully DMupdater will come up with something to root the newest release of 2.2.

4. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    That is the sure fire way to root, the one touch "easy root" method is highly problematic

5. Buddy1

Buddy1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Am sure this has been asked before, but is it possable to use an older version of DMUpdater to go back to 2.01, root, then unroot, remove my Superuser App than let the 2.2 OTA do the rest?

6. fish1552

fish1552 Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Not sure how DMUpdater does things, but if you go back to 2.0.1 using an sbf file (using RSDLite), you are already unrooted, so no need to do anything else but accept the OTA update or go into your settings and have the phone search for available updates.

7. Buddy1

Buddy1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    True, but i need to root first remove the SuperUser.APK, remove busyBox, then un-root. But if I recall, when I un-rooted using the DMUpdater back with 2.01, it removed those items for me.