help!

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by filthy1, Mar 25, 2010.

1. filthy1

filthy1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone please tell me how to make an update.zip with the
    framework-res.apk I can't get adb shell to work with the rom manager so I need to make an update zip with my apk...
    Metamorph is a no go too...wish adb shell would work but it won't now. Terminal causes the phone to freeze if you try to copy the framework over in it.

thanks in advance

2. filthy1

filthy1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody?...

3. Sky1819

Sky1819 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same issue here

I'm having the same issue with trying to modify my framework-res.apk file. I copy it from the system to the sdcard. I then use metamorph to theme the file like I've done before. I then try to copy the file back and my system crashes and won't leave the Motorola boot up screen. I have to do clockwork recovery to get phone to start again. I have tried copying the file with terminal and root explorerer and they both fail. I had done this modification successfully plenty of times in 8.0, 8.0.1 and my previous install of 8.1.1. I just recently did a clean install of 8.1.1 after full wipe becuase of some issues with helix and now am having this issue. My permissions on my sd card are wierd as well. They show up as ---rwxr-x and they won't allow me to change them in root explorer. I'm thinking this is possibly the reason for my crash when I try to copy the framework file over. The framework file on the sd card has this weird permission set up and it could be causing the crash when copied to the system. Help anyone who might know what is going on.

Thanks.