help

jenjen1219

Reaction score
I dont know what's going on with my phone. I think my home button may have a short. It switches between home screen recent apps and the screen that shows all 6 screens. If i turn my phone off it goes to the screen with the exclamation point. Miraculously it came back on and i havent turned it off since i deleted everything and started over as it were new out of the box. Any suggestions thanx this is a droid x

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums jenjen! It could have been a conflict with an app or a setting but it sounds more like it may be a hardware defect. The best way to know for certain is to do a factory data reset. This will return your phone to like it was brand new. When you reactivate it, your phone may automatically start to download all your apps from play store. The best thing to do is to go into play store and select stop. Then you can scroll to the right of that screen to all your apps you have ever installed and one by one, choose which ones you want to reinstall. Crossing my fingers for success.

OP
jenjen1219

jenjen1219

Reaction score
Ive done a factory reset. My browser also keeps crashing. Im afraid to turn it off for fear ill get the android exclamation screen again... it stayed on that screen for a couple of hours then my phone came back on by itself... its almost like my phone is pressing and or holding the home button.... weird

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yip, I agree with TisIsMyDroid. when you do a factory reset and the problem persist then call you carrier and get a replacement. If it stops. Congratulations. Hope it helps.

OP
jenjen1219

jenjen1219

Reaction score
I bought my phone used..... from a friend.... X-/ time to save up for a new one then.... i can deal with the glitch for now... thanx guys :)

OP
jenjen1219

jenjen1219

Reaction score
Yes i did.... my phone would stay at the exclamation screen by itself. I did not put it in that mode manually. I reset a couple time from that screen and apparently it reset. because when my phone finally came on hours later it was like it was outta the box. But i still have the same glitch.