help!

bbucks36

Reaction score
million dollar question.. have same issue with .232... didnt have it with .2233 or .229.. thinking of going back to .229..had better battery life with that those leaks

linuxgator

Reaction score
I read somewhere that they re-did how Android OS is calculated in ICS, maybe just 4.0.4 and later, i'm not entirely sure. Basically it is now shows AndroidOS as anything that is running that isn't a foreground process and isn't keeping the screen on. In previous versions of android, much of the same would have shown up as other processes like Android System or Phone idle. It is expected to be a bit higher in later versions of android, however it's not a bad idea to grab better battery stats and see if you can track down what is using your battery the most. Unfortunately, I can't find where the article was that I read it in.

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Because the day my phone died for the first time around 2 o'clock. And I left around 630 this morning.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

grgguy

Reaction score
Because the day my phone died for the first time around 2 o'clock. And I left around 630 this morning.

Sounds like you were using it a lot. I can go 12hrs without charging . Thats with moderate use ie; some navigation , 5-6 10min calls a lot of texting and a bit of surfing and email and I'll still have 20% on my battery when I plug it in ...oh I'm running .232

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
grgguy said:
Sounds like you were using it a lot. I can go 12hrs without charging . Thats with moderate use ie; some navigation , 5-6 10min calls a lot of texting and a bit of surfing and email and I'll still have 20% on my battery when I plug it in ...oh I'm running .232

I'm not on any roms though and I was at school so I couldn't have used it that much today.

linuxgator

Reaction score
It's possible it had weak signal strength and was searching for signal all day. That'll drain it in a hurry. You should probably just turn it off while in school anyway ;-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jayrod

Reaction score
The biggest thing I've done since moving to. 232 is setup smart actions. Since I really don't need instant notification of Email, or app updates, I have my data, GPS, Wi-Fi all shut down when the screen shuts off. The only draw back is the roughly 15-30 seconds it takes to re establish my data signal. I kid you not, this morning I checked my battery status and according to the reading, it was still at 100%..on a stock battery after 8 hours. Usually it's at 90 or so. I never got that kind of result on.902 or .905..usually was at 80 or so. I don't use my phone constantly during the day but I do FB, text around 20 or so and check Email, take a picture or 2,check forums or mess around with an app or 2 and by the time I get off work, it's around 60-70..so my experience has been slightly better since . 232..especially with keeping my Data signal.. like now!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Tonik

Reaction score
Weaselboy134987 said:
I'm not on any roms though and I was at school so I couldn't have used it that much today.

It's the school. I work in one in IT. The cement walls kill the signal, especially the 4G. It keeps searching...check it during the day, I bet it is warm from searching.