Help

gmflyer23

Reaction score
I want to root my bionic tonight and I would like to do a backup of my stock 902 first. Is this accomplished by holding power and up and down keys at once, then going into recovery? Then I will do the motofail root
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
I want to root my bionic tonight and I would like to do a backup of my stock 902 first. Is this accomplished by holding power and up and down keys at once, then going into recovery? Then I will do the motofail root
You have to rooted and bootstrapped or safestrapped first to do a back-up

OP
G

gmflyer23

Reaction score
Ok im rooted, so now i have to put safestrap on my system correct? Then goto recovery and do a bsckup. Is there an easy way to put safestrap on the bionic

OP
G

gmflyer23

Reaction score
So here is my scenario, when i put my sd card in my new bionic, it already had the previous safestrap version on it from being rooted from my other bionic, which was running 893. Will that affect putting another version of safestrap on my newly rooted 902?

dags5000

Reaction score
Just delete the folder or rename it. Probably wouldnt cause any issues to keep it but removing it is ur safest bet

OP
G

gmflyer23

Reaction score
Ok, Im rooted and I have safestrap installed and everything seems to be peachy. I did my backup externaly and that went fine. Now comes the fun stuff, I would like to mess around with some roms. I did freeze about 10 bloatware apps and the device seems to run fine without them. Everytime I download a rom, will i have to unfreeze those apps. Also, I would like to thank everyone for their help and patience up to this point. I will probably have more questions for ya.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
No the only time you should have to defrost your bloat is to ota update.