1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Joshua815, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Joshua815

Joshua815 New Member

So, i just got my white RAZR today. I am new to rooting but have jailbroken many apple products. Im trying to get the Ice cream sandwich UI and im having much trouble. ive been working on it all day. I cant figure out what to do once i get the CMW recovery files downloaded, i get them to the SD directory but there isnt an app to download or anything. Please help as i am ready to throw my RAZR out the window. haha.
  2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

3. Joshua815

Joshua815 New Member

thanks for the help, but yes it is already rooted, and how do i get that app?
  4. Joshua815

Joshua815 New Member

also i was following online instructions on how to get ICS and it lead me to clockwork. which is where i got stuck
  5. smalltowngirl13

6. Joshua815

Joshua815 New Member

sorry for so many replies, but i currently have RAZR-CWMOnBoot-Global-J.Y.Daddy and RazrBootstrap-v2.0 .zip files on my desktop, i just dont know how to use them. i got them onto the /SD directory but i cant find the app, or install it. when i find them on astro file manager they just have a vice icon on them. Im stuck at this point. and totally confused.
  7. smalltowngirl13

There are a couple of ICS ROMs that are out... here is one and it has detailed install instructions in the OP of its thread...you can use CW to install :)

ROM|AOKP M4 | AXI0M | KANG | RAZR | - droidHIVE Forums
  8. Joshua815

Joshua815 New Member

yeah i dont know how to install, ive seen that link and tons like it a million times today, and im still confused....i dont understand HOW to do it as the explanations are too basic they dont really explain the process
  9. smalltowngirl13

No problem..I have not installed the "touch" version of CW - so I won't be much help on that one. As for the RazrBootstrap V2.0 - you can download the apk from the thread link above right to your phone and then install it (you will need a file manager such as Astro to do so) but this will put the BootStrap app on your phone...otherwise, you would need to connect your phone to your PC via USB and transfer the file to your phone (SD card) and then you should be able to install it once you disconnect your phone from your PC...
  10. Joshua815

Joshua815 New Member

So wait, i can do all of this from my phone without the PC? ive been trying to do it with my PC and my phone plugged into the USB the WHOLE TIME, haha.
  11. smalltowngirl13

You will need to make sure that you have all of the needed files on your SD card - this would include the ROM you want to install.

Once you have the BootStrap apk installed, you will open the app and tap "bootstrap recovery" and wait for the success popup and click ok...you will then click "reboot recovery" and this will boot you into CW. Once in CW, you will use the vol + / - to move up and down and use the power button to select. The back arrow key on the phone itself will move you back one menu as far as the main menu.

If this is your first time entering CW, use the vol - button to move to "backup & restore", power button to select, you will be on "backup" again so power button again. This will make your first backup and this should be your stock backup - keep this safe ;)...

Be patient, that could take a few minutes. Once that is done, you can now begin the flash process of the new ROM (providing that you have it on your SD card prior to rebooting). The instructions from the OP of the ROM - although simple - will make perfect sense once you get into CW.

If you are unsure, I caution you at flashing a ROM...this is done at your own risk and if you do run into a snaffu, you will need to be able to recover yourself (there is a Razr Utility on the forum that will assist and restore you to stock)...

Good luck!
  12. smalltowngirl13

LOL...yes on the BootStrap apk - I have no info on the "touch" recovery tho...but maybe someone else will chime in on that one.
  13. Joshua815

Joshua815 New Member

one last question, kindof the simplist, but when you say to put the ROM files on the SD card do i really need an actual micro SD card or do you mean the SD in the internal memmory found in Astro?
  14. smalltowngirl13

You can use the internal SD storage...just remember where you put them - when you are in CW, you will select the location of where they are - you will also have to select between internal SD and external SD...so you can use either.
  15. Joshua815

Joshua815 New Member

thank you very much, and im having second thoughts about the ICS rom, do you have any suggestions for other good ones? or are the ICS roms the best out right now?
  16. smalltowngirl13

Prior to running DT's Axiom AOKP ICS Kang ROM, I was stock rooted and happy...so I don't have any first hand experience with additional ROMs...however Nitro's ROM Eclispe I have heard is a nice ROM and I believe TeamGummy was going to be releasing something soon too...

Go ahead & make a backup (if ya haven't) and ya can get a bit more comfortable on your phone - who knows what the future holds :)...