Help!!!!

Shellyt711

Reaction score
I am on my 3 Droid. Im having major issues with my phone. My Droid loves to hang up on people. It will also be in my pocket on sleep mode, locked and still call people. Also while in a conversation my microphone will mute its self. NOT the mute button on the key pad. I have to drag the notification bar down (when I can actually get it on) and tap the mircophone icon to unmute it. I have NO idea why it does this. Also my phone beeps EVERY 10 seconds and Im not the only one that hears the beeps. Thats enough to drive a person mad. I even reset my phone to factory settings and it stilll does this. Can anyone help! Like I said this is my 3rd Droid and I like the phone but Im so frusterated with it. Im ready to take it back again If I cant figure out what in the world is going on. My friends and family hate talking to me on my phone because of the issues.

iPirate

Reaction score
All I can say is, daaaaaaaaaaaaamn....

and did you take it to Verizon and let them see this in action? Does this happen before you leave Verizon store with the new phone? or only when you get to a specific location?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hello Shelly,

First of all I'm going to assume you are female with long hair.

There is a known issue with users with long hair and the screen not tuning off while next to your face. So the only way around this is to pull your hair away and back from your ear.

Whats happening is that you are hitting the end call and mute because the screen is still on.

So to solve that issue make sure your hair is not anywhere near your ear or covering the Droids screen while talking.

As far as the beeping pull the battery out while phone is on. Leave it out for 30 seconds then reinsert it. That should fix the beeping.

Report back on the beeping issue.

If I'm wrong about the long hair let me know also : ) but I'm willing to bet I'm right on that one.

wil318466

Reaction score
Hello Shelly,

First of all I'm going to assume you are female with long hair.

There is a known issue with users with long hair and the screen not tuning off while next to your face. So the only way around this is to pull your hair away and back from your ear.

Whats happening is that you are hitting the end call and mute because the screen is still on.

So to solve that issue make sure your hair is not anywhere near your ear or covering the Droids screen while talking.

As far as the beeping pull the battery out while phone is on. Leave it out for 30 seconds then reinsert it. That should fix the beeping.

Report back on the beeping issue.

If I'm wrong about the long hair let me know also : ) but I'm willing to bet I'm right on that one.

LOL thats great. Does the hair make the sensor not register?

For a second I thought this was a joke...

-Wil

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

-Wil
Yeah it's no joke : )

I'm not sure what causes it but Motorola is well aware of it. Very strange to say the least.

hughesjr

Reaction score

-Wil

I'm not sure what causes it but Motorola is well aware of it. Very strange to say the least.
What about making calls in the pocket?
I have never had the droid make calls while locked ... BUT ... sometimes if I am not careful, my bluetooth device will do so.

The bluetooth device has a "Press to call the last number" feature, and if it is in your pocket and you press it, it will call the last number dialed.

Also, I would verify that one of those "unlock" apps is not installed that bypasses the lock screen.

PridgNYC

Reaction score

-Wil

Not really so strange, my bet is that the software compares the amount of light coming in to the camera lens with the amount of light hitting the proximity sensor to determine if the phone is next to your face. Try covering the camera lens with your finger while you hold it to your face and see if that replicates the behavior without the long hair blocking the camera lens.