help

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
If a fellow user needs help ask..
Dont come on here with a negative attitude and expect help. Never make a threatening statement about " i should have gotten an iphone".
Simple solution go get an i phone.
Just sayin

----posted maxx'ed out----

garywojdan81

Reaction score
If a fellow user needs help ask..
Dont come on here with a negative attitude and expect help. Never make a threatening statement about " i should have gotten an iphone".
Simple solution go get an i phone.
Just sayin

----posted maxx'ed out----

OK I admit the tone of this thread has digressed into a little too much sarcasm, mostly fueled by the tone of the o.p. I, for one, do not regret my response in the least. It is rather obvious that the o.p. wasn't actually soliciting help. The gist of his post is as a rant & not a plea. If we are to be bound by some rules of conduct in this community, don't they apply to us ALL, including the o.p.? If we tolerate anything less from him, don't we demean the value of all?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
The gist of his post is as a rant & not a plea.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

It was some of both...he was frustrated, as we all can get sometimes. He was probably told how much better the razr is than the iPhone (something I agree with), and yet he sees them having no problems with the basics he can't get to work.

Is it right to come here with that attitude? Not really, but letting someone vent their frustrations for a minute doesn't hurt. After his first post, it sounded like he was done with the rant and genuinely wanted help.

Should he have been more humble in his request? Yes. That's still no excuse for bashing him.

That's my two cents, anyway. You're of course free to disagree, just food for thought.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
Okay, I've done some minor testing. AOL does not, to the best of my knowledge, work with push notifications, so you will have to configure the polling frequency to get it to automatically check your mail.

If you have k9 mail (and I recommend it for this, it is a very good email client, I use it myself...it is free on the Android market), set up your AOL account. This should be self explanatory, but if you get stuck, I'd be more than happy to help you out.

Once you have that up, long press your account and select Account settings. In there, you will select Fetching mail, then Folder poll frequency. You can set this pretty low, but I would recommend ten or fifteen minutes. Less than that will impact your battery, though you can play around with that and see how it works for you.

You should now be getting your AOL mail automatically.

I hope that was helpful.

Last edited:

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
4G is a joke it does not work iv called verizon and had a new sim card and it didnt work. again i called and was told i live on a 4G boarder

4g is being built out very rapidly, but there are still a lot of fringe areas. It is a very new technology, but it is growing fast...your area will probably be full 4g soon enough. I'd recommend turning it off for now, though, and trying it once in awhile until it starts working smoothly.

You can manually do this by going into settings, and I believe it is network settings...(EDIT: go into settings, then Wireless and Networks, then Mobile Networks...assuming it is the same as the bionic) there is an option for CDMA/LTE or CDMA only. To turn off 4g, choose CDMA only.

I would recommend getting an app called 4g switch, or something like that. It doesn't toggle it, but it doors take you straight to the right settings page.

Hopefully, 4g will be built out in your area very soon. Stick with it...your phone is definitely better than an iPhone!

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
...again i called and was told i live on a 4G boarder. whatever.

Follow THIS link and on the bottom left, enter your physical home address,

View attachment 47316

then press "AM I COVERED?" If the response is Congratulations!, then click on "VIEW COVERAGE MAP".

View attachment 47317

Once there, you'll see a map like below. There is a zoom bar on the left which can allow you to zoom all the way from street level (example pictured), or all the way out to the National map. If you're in the DARK Red, you should have good coverage nearly 100% of the time or better. If you are in the Medium Red, your coverage may depend on your altitude relative to the nearest tower and you may experience either no coverage or dropping coverage. If you are in the Bright Red, you will likely ONLY have 3G coverage.

For me (example below), even though I am in the Medium Red, my coverage stops as I turn into my cul de sac just off the crossroad at the top of the map, since my street is down hill leading to a creek. Once up on the cross road and further North and East, coverage is 100%. Some days it takes a little further to the East before coverage starts, other days coverage continues all the way to my driveway but stops before reaching my home.

View attachment 47318

As always, your results may vary.

Last edited:

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
from the edge of 4G coverage zipcode 75069 if you want to check the map...
I live in 3g only
as i drive to work i get 4g according to that map.
my phone switches over almost at the exact spot...
The other night i was running a speedtest, it switched to 3g in mid-test, kinda hiccups but continued speedtest.

Last edited: