help

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Droid Razr is much better than a Iphone also Iphone services & protection for Iphone sucks I would never recommend a Iphone.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

rasaun87

Reaction score
It seems that whatever phone you got, it is way over your head. I would definitely go with the iphone, or maybe a flip phone, I hear they have worked all of the bugs out of them.

Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

LMAO

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Guys he's asking why he can't get his email and all people are doing is having an argument mine is better than yours. To op did you try checking the aol settings online. Or why don't you download Aol email app from Market

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Guys he's asking why he can't get his email and all people are doing is having an argument mine is better than yours. To op did you try checking the aol settings online. Or why don't you download Aol email app from Market

I'm not familiar with AOL's protocols, or even if it's a pop3 accessible email. The best way for you to resolve the email crisis may be to use AOL's own email client. Good suggestion.

As for the 4G, my suggestion is you set your phone for 3G only if you are in a area where 4G is spotty. Go to menu, settings, wireless and networks, scroll down to mobile networks, choose network mode, them select CDMA only.

Last edited:

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
You guys are so far from being helpful...you are mostly just being jerks to him. If this is the attitude that comes with the razr, I'm glad I didn't get one, because I would be embarrassed by this.

To the op, what app are you using to get your AOL mail? Is it the stock mail client? I would recommend trying out k9 mail, I know it works for AOL. One issue you might see is that it won't likely get your email instantly, but instead it will be on a sync schedule (I don't think AOL supports push, which you will need for instant notification). You should be able to set the sync low enough to likely be good enough for your needs, something like ten minutes will probably do the trick.

If you are still having trouble, let me know. I'll do some looking around to find the settings you will need.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I would recommend trying out k9 mail, I know it works for AOL.

I use K9 email and prefer it for all pop3 email but I have no experience with AOL, now do any people I know, so rather than provide bad advice, I will defer to others.

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
I use K9 email and prefer it for all pop3 email but I have no experience with AOL, now do any people I know, so rather than provide bad advice, I will defer to others.

I have an old AOL account I could use to test with. I'll check it out.

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
No one is being mean, were just telling him Iphone wouldn't be any bit better.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I deleted this post because I realized I fell victim to the mob mentality and now am sorry. To the OP, please accept my apology. :frown:

Some advice to the OP...when you need help ask for it humbly, or in other words don't come onto a forum and essentially bash the very phone you are asking for help with. The backlash you received wasn't justified and I too was guilty of it. However, if you need help, simply ask for it. Be descriptive of what it is you are having trouble with (i.e. AOL), rather than general (i.e. email), and have patience.

In an open forum where there are no boundaries, sometimes your own attitude and mannerisms will determine how those around you treat your concerns. Good luck! ;)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr is much better than a Iphone also Iphone services & protection for Iphone sucks I would never recommend a Iphone.

Many of us were guilty of the same thing, and this post is an example. He bashes the RAZR, so you bash the iPhone... Thanks to TRIKOTRET & LaurelRaven for setting at least me straight. I should have known better.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Ummm....He was just asking for help with aol? Perhaps you should read his post again.

The op was clearly being condescending asking us why "he" chose the razr over the iPhone while talking about how bad the razr was.

Then, after getting some answers, he again had an attitude in his second and third post.
Clearly there was no "my phone is better than your phone" going on since he had a razr just like the rest of us.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I deleted this post because I realized I fell victim to the mob mentality and now am sorry. To the OP, please accept my apology. :frown:

I am not sure what you wrote here but, how could you have possibly fell victim to the mob mentality when this post was only like the 7 th in the thread, and two posts were from the op, and this was your second post. So essentially, at the time you posted this, before modifying it, there were only three others participating. Is that a mob?

Not to mention that in the first few responses, only one response was not aimed at helping him. Your post would have been the second. So, I just don't see how one can blame the mob mentality when their post was one of the first to start that mentality.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
i guess my thinking on the Iphoen is some of my friends have them and dont have this issues. as for the 4g i guess where i live it should work. for the email its a reg aol account.

Who could argue with that logic?

I am not sure what you wrote here but, how could you have possibly fell victim to the mob mentality when this post was only like the 7 th in the thread, and two posts were from the op, and this was your second post. So essentially, at the time you posted this, before modifying it, there were only three others participating. Is that a mob?

Not to mention that in the first few responses, only one response was not aimed at helping him. Your post would have been the second. So, I just don't see how one can blame the mob mentality when their post was one of the first to start that mentality.

OK, so "Mob mentality" wasn't appropriate description of where it was at that point, but it progressed into one and just as you said, I am to blame too. Actually my post was simply an LOL emoticon :)rofl2:), nothing more, laughing at the post #4 regarding his grammar (above) and post #5 I couldn't tell if it was either another flame or something totally unrelated. So I was guilty of helping to ridicule the OP.

I agree that his attitude was less than humble for someone who really wants help, but there were even more abusive posts after those initial few. I did come back in later posts and try to help without maintaining the flaming, but there continued to be flames.

It wasn't until TRIKITRET's and then LaurelRaven's posts that I realized it was looking pretty bad for us who are supposed to be a community of helping folks.

By the way, I wasn't referring to you at all. Your posts were honest attempts at understanding and trying to rectify the OP's concerns (as was my initial post).

So again, I apologize to the OP, you, the community and my GOD. You will all know if you follow my posts that I do try to be as helpful as possible, tryto keep the information as accurate as possible and at times mix in some light humor. My failure was in taking the humor part over the line into ridicule.

Last edited:
Reaction score
OK, so "Mob mentality" wasn't appropriate description of where it was at that point, but it progressed into one and just as you said, I am to blame too. Actually my post was simply an LOL emoticon :)rofl2:), nothing more, laughing at the post #4 regarding his grammar (above) and post #5 I couldn't tell if it was either another flame or something totally unrelated. So I was guilty of helping to ridicule the OP.

I agree that his attitude was less than humble for someone who really wants help, but there were even more abusive posts after those initial few. I did come back in later posts and try to help without maintaining the flaming, but there continued to be flames.

It wasn't until TRIKITRET's and then LaurelRaven's posts that I realized it was looking pretty bad for us who are supposed to be a community of helping folks.

By the way, I wasn't referring to you at all. Your posts were honest attempts at understanding and trying to rectify the OP's concerns.

So again, I apologize to the OP, you, the community and my GOD. You will all know if you follow my posts that I do try to be as helpful as possible, tryto keep the information as accurate as possible and at times mix in some light humor. My failure was in taking the humor part over the line into ridicule.

Makes sense. Not trying to pick at your post or insinuate blame, just got wrapped up by the mob mentality reference . ;-)

While I do agree that we are a community here to help, I also think that at times, users deserve a little flaming. I wouldn't walk into a Yankee sports bar and start with an attitude about why I chose the Yankees over the Mets. Let's face it, many of us can feel just as passionate about our phones as we would favorite sports team.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Makes sense. Not trying to pick at your post or insinuate blame, just got wrapped up by the mob mentality reference . ;-)

While I do agree that we are a community here to help, I also think that at times, users deserve a little flaming. I wouldn't walk into a Yankee sports bar and start with an attitude about why I chose the Yankees over the Mets. Let's face it, many of us can feel just as passionate about our phones as we would favorite sports team.

Yeah, the Mob Mentality reference was a poor choice of words, considering I was #2. However, a mob starts with a number larger than one and the Mob Mentality is a product of the amplification of two or more in an aggressive or other similar situation. Mob Mentality or "Herd Mentailty" describes how people are influenced by their peers to adopt certain behaviors or follow trends - peer pressure (also defined as "fear") which makes individuals act in order to avoid feeling "left behind" from the group. I fell victim to that "fear" or desire to fit in. Lesson lived, lesson learned.

I agree to a certain extent about the flaming, and that's just why I posted about how to ask for help. This is certainly an emotional thing with many and even though the OP may not realize it, he essentially may insult or hurt others' feelings by bashing his own phone in such an open forum - not too different than a Fraternity (or a sports bar as you describe). It is true that flaming can be productive, just as capital punishment can, but there is plenty of evidence that the same goal can be accomplished without either so I was feeling guilty and that's the reason for my recanting of the earlier statement.

:blush:

Last edited: