help

shield1131

Reaction score
can anyone out there tell me why i picked this phone and not the Iphone. If not thats ok but mabye some help with some issues im having. one 4G is a joke it does not work iv called verizon and had a new sim card and it didnt work. again i called and was told i live on a 4G boarder. whatever. secound issue is i dont get email. verizon had no fix for that.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
can anyone out there tell me why i picked this phone and not the Iphone. If not thats ok but mabye some help with some issues im having. one 4G is a joke it does not work iv called verizon and had a new sim card and it didnt work. again i called and was told i live on a 4G boarder. whatever. secound issue is i dont get email. verizon had no fix for that.

What is it about the iPhone that you think would have made your life better? If you are on a fringe of 4G service areas, the iPhone would likely get no better, and more likely worse 4G service.

Verizon has had some issues with 4G service in the recent past but they have resolved most of it. Replacing the SIM card is not likely going to resolve the issues you're experiencing. Give it a chance. Don't be so quick to throw in the towel. Even if you don't get 4G in your area, 3G is still going to be better than with the iPhone.

As for not getting email I don't know enough about your specific email problem to help. Are you referring to a gmail account our a Pop3 or corporate email account? What email client are you using to try to access the account?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
S

shield1131

Reaction score
i guess my thinking on the Iphoen is some of my friends have them and dont have this issues. as for the 4g i guess where i live it should work. for the email its a reg aol account.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
14 days, fourteen days, 2 weeks, two weeks, (have to go here), to weeks, too weeks, 336 hours, three hundred thirty six hours to figure it out. Hmm.

Living on the razr's edge "strop" aside.

Reaction score
Unless I am mistaken the iPhone does not get 4g at all so while you may live on the border and you mostly get 3g on your phone now, you will get the advantage of 4g if you find yourself travelling away from that border. So essentially you are asking why this phone over the iPhone, well since they both are getting 3g for you, I suppose it just depends on your preference and usage. If you only wanted a phone for calling, texting, email, etc. Then iPhone may have been a better choice. However, I know several iPhone users who loved their phones until they spent five minutes with my razr and now they say their iPhones just don't do enough.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I deleted this post because I realized I fell victim to the mob mentality and now am sorry. To the OP, please accept my apology. :frown:

Last edited:
OP
S

shield1131

Reaction score
Say the razor is better than the iPhone why can't I get my email. I have to refresh it each time
Just to see if i have a new message.

Reaction score
Say the razor is better than the iPhone why can't I get my email. I have to refresh it each time

I would assume it is something in your settings but if not than it may be a bug in your phone. 99% of razr owners are not having that problem. Just because one person is having an issue, that doesn't mean the phone is not as good as another. Overall, there is no doubt the RAZR is better than the iPhone.

Perhaps you missed the article/ interview with the co founder of Apple who admits this himself.

ddfuji

Reaction score

Galaxy Nexus vs. iPhone 4S vs. Droid RAZR: Smartphone Battle Royale | PCWorldit includes the nexus

i guess my thinking on the Iphoen is some of my friends have them and dont have this issues. as for the 4g i guess where i live it should work. for the email its a reg aol account.

do your friends live in the exact same spot you live in? and one problem with the email thing is your using aol....

1. its aol
2. you might not have background data enabled
3. if your phone was set to send/recieve data from the servers every 2 seconds your battery would get owned, i think at default it is set at an hour, im not sure, you can change it to what ever time interval you seem comfortable with. its set up this way to save your battery.

based off this post i would say get a iphone. cause if you cant take a few secs to google the spec comparisions and soulutions to not recieveing emails then you wont take the time to master a superior droid device.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Amen!!! Translation; final word.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just remember not to hold the iphone wrong or you may have worse data issues ...

Posted while hanging upside down, checking my email, texting, uploading facebook photos, listing on Craigslist, jamming to pandora & iheart, streaming movies from my home(over 3g) while laughing at iphone sheep...

----posted maxx'ed out----

garywojdan81

Reaction score
This really shows the sad state of our youth today....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

JRParsons

Reaction score
It seems that whatever phone you got, it is way over your head. I would definitely go with the iphone, or maybe a flip phone, I hear they have worked all of the bugs out of them.

Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.